Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

had my anatomy u/s today

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am 17 weeks and the tech said it might be too early. She couldn't get all the measurements and couldn't see the gender b/c the baby crossed his/her legs right as she went to look. She told me to make another u/s for 3 weeks and the receptionist refused to make the appointment for u/s but for OB. My midwife wasn't in and so I couldn't speak to her. Not sure if I should wait until the 14th of August when I see her or call them tomorrow. The midwife always does my first trimester u/s so I don't know if she can do the anatomy one herself or not.

Still kinda bummed that we couldn't see anything or get measurements today.

by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luckynumbr3
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Aww :( the u/s tech didn't even have a guess? I had to have 3 u/s before my doctor could tell me for sure we were having a girl. Baby girl would always let us have a tiny peek before she crossed her legs. I told dh she keeps her legs closed because she's a lady.lol
VintageWife
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:09 PM

How odd! I'd wonder how experienced she was if she couldn't get any measurements or see the gender. Missing one measurement or not seeing the gender? Fine. Not being able to do anything at all? New maybe?

lovinlife2005
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Nope! She laughed at our baby b/c his/her legs were straight out and then they just crossed them right as she was trying to look! Makes me a lil frustrated b/c we haven't told DH's parents we are even pregnant. He wants to tell them the sex first and we have a strong feeling its a boy, and his parents are Asian. Every time I've told them we were having a girl, they asked "are you sure it's not a boy?". I am happy either way, but I hope we can tell.

Quoting luckynumbr3:

Aww :( the u/s tech didn't even have a guess? I had to have 3 u/s before my doctor could tell me for sure we were having a girl. Baby girl would always let us have a tiny peek before she crossed her legs. I told dh she keeps her legs closed because she's a lady.lol

lovinlife2005
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I think she might be new. She was definitely not with the office a year ago, so maybe even new to being a tech. She said that I might just be too early for the anatomy scan. I might have to call tomorrow.

Quoting VintageWife:

How odd! I'd wonder how experienced she was if she couldn't get any measurements or see the gender. Missing one measurement or not seeing the gender? Fine. Not being able to do anything at all? New maybe?

lovinlife2005
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Oh, the only measurements she did get were the head and thigh bone. She showed us the spine, but didn't do any other measurements. I think she might be waiting on a next visit.

Quoting lovinlife2005:

I think she might be new. She was definitely not with the office a year ago, so maybe even new to being a tech. She said that I might just be too early for the anatomy scan. I might have to call tomorrow.

Quoting VintageWife:

Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM

anatomy scans are typically done at 20 weeks for more accurate measurements...why did they do it at 17? just curious

luckynumbr3
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Hmm they told us it was a girl at 14 weeks but I didn't have the official anatomy scan until 20 weeks. Why couldn't you make another appointment?

Quoting lovinlife2005:

Nope! She laughed at our baby b/c his/her legs were straight out and then they just crossed them right as she was trying to look! Makes me a lil frustrated b/c we haven't told DH's parents we are even pregnant. He wants to tell them the sex first and we have a strong feeling its a boy, and his parents are Asian. Every time I've told them we were having a girl, they asked "are you sure it's not a boy?". I am happy either way, but I hope we can tell.

Quoting luckynumbr3:

Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Agreed!

Quoting VintageWife:

Devious103102
by Ruby Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

No, the midwife can't do the u/s herself (not a full anatomy scan anyway). Wait till you see the midwife and they'll put in another referral for the new u/s.

lovinlife2005
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:07 AM

No idea. The midwife just told me to schedule it for 17 weeks.

Quoting Larsbug:

anatomy scans are typically done at 20 weeks for more accurate measurements...why did they do it at 17? just curious

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)