Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Has anyone experienced severe fatigue on the third trimester?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 7 Replies
I haven't had the easiest of pregnancies. I had chronic morning sickness throughout the first trimester. A DVT at 13 weeks. Now, I am 27 weeks and I have severe fatigue. I fall asleep even sitting trying to watch tv. My legs got so bad that I can only be standing if I'm wearing compression stockings. I don't want to make it sound like a complaint. I am really happy our baby boy is moving and growing and we're betong grateful. I'm 34 and this is my first pregnancy. I go for a 20 min walk everyday that feels like a marathon. Just to mention, before pregnancy I was the healthiest person, fit and worked out all the time.
Is this fatigue normal? Anyone been there?
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rjmac88
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Idk if its normal but I am there. Like falling asleep driving exhausted
eellison
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I think I pretty much slept, or atleast rested all day today.  Growing a baby is hard work.  You are going to be tired and everything is going to get really hard.  Just hang in there.

jezike
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Hello Hello,

I am in the same boat with a few differences.

First, Congrats to you on your first baby. I am pregnant with my first as well and I am so excited.

However, I am 38 weeks (almost done) and I am so very SLOW. I don't think I was as in shape as you were pre-pregnancy, but I was definitely doing ok weight wise. I just started feeling slow about 2 weeks ago and now at 38 weeks I feel like I need an assistant. My hubby has been so great but I feel terrible asking him to pick up after me LOL. It's just too hard to bend down with a beach ball in front of you.

Your fatigue is normal and you will be 100% ok.

SweetPea2004
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Honestly with my dd I slept 14-20 hours a day off and on, I talked to my doctor and found out I was anemic and dd was taking a toll on my ability to be awake. 

Heather2001
by Heather on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Have your iron levels checked.

sarahtbkh
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Yep, with all 5 of my kids I think by 30 weeks I decided I was never cooking, cleaning or moving ever again. Unfortunutly for me, the last trimester was the hardest and I also had super bad morning sickness with this last LO. Good luck to you, I hope you get a burst of energy soon!!

Allisonc7910
by Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 12:45 AM
Just make sure you are taking your prenatals. As the baby gets bigger it needs more nutrients. Are you taking 28 mg everyday of iron? Sleepy tired is completely normal, but get checked out by your ob. You may need more iron.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)