Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

a very disappointed ultrasound today!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:15 AM
  • 12 Replies

so i have my first ultrasound today and the docs werent very happy....i am suppose to be 8 weeks today (thats how long i havent had a period) well they did an ultrasound to calculate my due date and turns out that the ultrasound only showed i was 5 weeks and a half weeks...there was a heart beat and a yolk...and that was all!! so all the ladies who said it was gas or spasms were right....she is also listing me as a high risk pregancy AGAIN!! im just soo sad that in only 5 weeks and say that there is a small chance i could miscarry because all the cramps im having! ugh pregnancy really isnt for me...and then at 20 weeks i have to go to a pediatric cardiologist so they can do a utero ultrasound to look at the baby's heart more in depth because my first son has a genetic heart defect :'( 

my ultrasound :(

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ilovemybbgrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:23 AM
3 moms liked this
Why are you disappointed? Dates could be off, implantation could have been later than expected, and a millimeter off on a measurement can make a huge difference too. I would be thankful to see the heartbeat at five weeks (which is surprising all by itself) and Pray for a Healthy baby :) the cramping is often normal too, your uterus is growing & stretching to accommodate a person in there. :) good luck with everything!
LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Why is she listing you high risk?  

tabby21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM

because i was high risk with my son....i had hbp to the point i had to be on medication at 26 weeks and i was swollen everywhere to the point where i couldnt put my shoes on and walk and i also had protein in my urine...my son had a two vessel ambelical cord i had placenta pervia where my placenta was coverying my cervix...the doc just wants to make sure everything goes well and wants to keep their eyes on me incase anything happens..also my son was born 6 weeks early at 3 lbs 15 oz....

tabby21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:46 AM

im disapointed because the same things might happen like they did with my son at 34 weeks he was measuring in less than the 3 percent tile!! and the heart beat was between 90 and 171 she couldnt tell me exactly because she said it was hard to tell all she could see is the little tiny baby light up as the heart beats

Quoting Ilovemybbgrl:

Why are you disappointed? Dates could be off, implantation could have been later than expected, and a millimeter off on a measurement can make a huge difference too. I would be thankful to see the heartbeat at five weeks (which is surprising all by itself) and Pray for a Healthy baby :) the cramping is often normal too, your uterus is growing & stretching to accommodate a person in there. :) good luck with everything!

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Will she remove you from high risk if you experience none of those symptoms this time?  5 weeks seems a bit early to be labeling... :/  5.5 weeks is also VERY early to be measuring heartbeats.  Don't worry mama

Quoting tabby21:

because i was high risk with my son....i had hbp to the point i had to be on medication at 26 weeks and i was swollen everywhere to the point where i couldnt put my shoes on and walk and i also had protein in my urine...my son had a two vessel ambelical cord i had placenta pervia where my placenta was coverying my cervix...the doc just wants to make sure everything goes well and wants to keep their eyes on me incase anything happens..also my son was born 6 weeks early at 3 lbs 15 oz....

lovebugs_mom906
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't get too upset yet. By my dates, I should've been 9 weeks, but measuring less than 6 at my first appointment. I went back a week later, and baby was growing just fine, and measuring 7 weeks. I am now 16 weeks pregnant. As for the cramps, I had a TON of them the first trimester. This is my third, and never had any like them before. I'm sure everything will be fine :-)
tabby21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:50 AM

idk if she will but i have already seen the floaters thats why i have been in her office twice in less than 4 days and the day i saw floaters in my eyes my bp was up to 134/88 so they are also going to keep an eye on that because last year with my son my bp was 145/99 and that was with only drinking water!

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Will she remove you from high risk if you experience none of those symptoms this time?  5 weeks seems a bit early to be labeling... :/

Quoting tabby21:

LoveOfWisdom
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Did you or have you done the Brewers Diet?  Are they taking your BP when you are very stressed?

http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id34.html

Quoting tabby21:

idk if she will but i have already seen the floaters thats why i have been in her office twice in less than 4 days and the day i saw floaters in my eyes my bp was up to 134/88 so they are also going to keep an eye on that because last year with my son my bp was 145/99 and that was with only drinking water!

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Will she remove you from high risk if you experience none of those symptoms this time?  5 weeks seems a bit early to be labeling... :/

Quoting tabby21:

tabby21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM

NO they are not they were taking my blood pressure when i was sleeping in the hospital last year i had nothing to be stressed about and the floaters started last weekend before i even crawled out of bed....i have been with the same gyno and they have taken great care of my son and i am trusting them with the new baby....i do not add any salt to my diet and have been trying to minimize any sodium intake to decrease this problem....

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Did you or have you done the Brewers Diet?  Are they taking your BP when you are very stressed?

http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/id34.html

Quoting tabby21:

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Quoting tabby21:

Jen4boys06
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 7:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't be disappointed! According to my LMP, I should be due Oct. 12th.  However, my actual due date is Oct. 29th.  I had an u/s at 6 weeks, 18, and 22 weeks.  The baby has always measured right on with the 29th.  My cycle was obviously messed up that month. I had lots of cramping too.  I'm now 26 weeks and baby is perfect! Congrats!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)