Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pain Before Labor

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hello Ladies,

I am 38 weeks pregnant and I am experiencing pain in my cervix (vaginal area). It came all of a sudden. It feels like I had been doing a lot of leg aerobics but I have not. It is very tight, tender and sore...Is this normal?

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsHill12
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Not sure I've had sharp pains which is normal.. (I'm 38 weeks) I been having lots lower back pain menstral type cramping which I guess is contractions... As for the vaginal area being swollen I'm not sure but the inside of my legs like up by vagina is very sore like major work out! I been feeling this for awhile which I account to hips widening so baby can get into position.. That all Info I have sorry I can't help more
HHx5
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Is it like pressure? It sounds normal. The baby's head is probably in position for birth and putting pressure on your cervix. The more you are on your feet and feel that pressure and soreness you will probably start to dilate. That means a little less work in actual labor. To help with the uncomfortableness you can try lying on your side.
jezike
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Thank you Ladies...I am feeling so BLAH right now. It definitely is super sore and it does feel like my bones are being moved LOL. I hope he is ok in there:) My Hubby is saying to stay positive and speak positive words. I am trying but it is tough. Every time I stand I feel like my legs wont hold me for very long. UGH!!! 

lovinlife2005
by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes it is normal. I had this with my 2nd DD. I didn't with my first, but I felt embarrassed to even ask my midwife. I was like, "I don't know how to put this, but my vajajay is sore, really sore". She laughed and said it was normal.

jezike
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:04 AM

LOL that is exactly how I feel. It is so sore and my "braxton hicks" are kicking in tonight so I have gotten very little sleep. I want the baby to come soon because he is very heavy and I feel my legs will give out any minute.

Laying down on either side is worthless and all I want to do is eat pizza and drink ginger ale LOL.

Aaaahhhh....Pregnancy!!!

Quoting lovinlife2005:

Yes it is normal. I had this with my 2nd DD. I didn't with my first, but I felt embarrassed to even ask my midwife. I was like, "I don't know how to put this, but my vajajay is sore, really sore". She laughed and said it was normal.

jezike
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:06 AM

It is pressure and it hurts a lot. I feel like crappy but I'm alive. I hope this means less work in labor because I would love to not stay in the hospital for 36 hrs like some people. 

Quoting HHx5:

Is it like pressure? It sounds normal. The baby's head is probably in position for birth and putting pressure on your cervix. The more you are on your feet and feel that pressure and soreness you will probably start to dilate. That means a little less work in actual labor. To help with the uncomfortableness you can try lying on your side.

Veggiemummy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:12 AM

My lady bits have been kiling me! The entire pelvic region is achy, and tender. My doc told me it was completely normal as the little one has dropped and putting a ton of pressure down there.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM

It all sounds pretty normal.  All that pressure from baby can cause it.

babymamalover84
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:42 PM

those are the same symtoms that i had when i was in labor with my 3rd...

mmr520
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM
I wish I had a saddle made of ice. Yup, I started feeling this 7 weeks ago! 2 more to go!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)