Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is anyone else feeling like this?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am 33 weeks and 4 days along.  I had to stop working because it was getting too hard on my body.  I am an emotional wreck because of it.  I have lost interest in everything.  I feel very distant.  Depression is something I have dealt with my entire life and it seems like it is hitting me really hard right now.  Is anyone else feeling like this and if so how are you dealing with it?

by on Jul. 23, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I struggled with it a lot during my last pregnancy. Depression is so hard whether you are pregnant or not. I don't think I dealt with it that well. My biggest advice is to let yourself feel whatever it is you are feeling. Don't fight it. Work through the crap and hopefully you will be able to get closure and feel better. I hope you start doing better soon!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:24 AM

((hugs))

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

My second I had depression because of having to have a Dr and have her in a hospital. I ended up on pills for it. It got that bad.

eellison
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:47 PM

My dr prescribed me zoloft at the beginning of my pregnancy because I had to go off of my other depression meds.  They were making me sick.  And the zoloft made me super sick too.  I had to go to the hospital because I couldn't stop vomiting.  I don't think I can take meds for it.  I just can't wait to be able to get back to my old self again.

tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I have depression when I'm not pregnant. I feel better when I do thing I like. I'll read a book, or knit for a little while, go on an adventure with my camera.. Whatever helps. I noticed that when I don't do much, I get overwhelmed by the depression. 

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I know how you feel. I wish I had some advice to give you, but honestly all I do is try and get out of the house as much as I can. Being outside somehow helps me not feel so disconnected to the world. Plus I have a 4yr old to chase so she sort of distracts me. 

I've also dealt with very sever depression my whole life that has actually brought me to suicide attempts more then once and very wreckless life choices. I don't do medication because everything I've tried just makes it worse, so I literally just deal with it for the sake of my family. Pregnancy is making it a bit harder and I've already talked with my DH and midwife about PPD so they are both preparing for that ordeal and thinking of natural healthy ways to help me cope with it. 

I hope you can find an outlet that works for you hun. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
pregnancy week by week
Jewls08
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Ask your doctor to check your vit. D level, a lot of people are severely deficient. I read a lot about depression being associated with Vit. D deficiency. Also, the official recommended doze is way too small. Hope you feel better!
tabby21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:25 AM

mabe its because you were taken out of work.....i had the same prob. when my son was born and sitting in the hospital for a month i felt like i could take on the world and i was ready for work because the baby wasnt home yet but nobody would clear me for 8 weeks bc i had a csection and what i did was just cry and tell my hunny i felt like a loser well 9 weeks later i was back to work and was feeling better bout myself

5tyli5hLensT
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Hang in there !

DigiScrapperMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:15 PM

I was depressed during my 1st and 2nd pregnancies.  It was hard but I just tried to keep myself busy with projects and made sure I got out and walked a little everyday.  When I became pregnant with my 3rd baby I was taking an antidepressant already, tried to go off of it, but decided with my dr's approval to stay on it but at a little lower dose.  It helped me a lot.  I'm doing the same thing this time.  There are risks though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)