Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

15 week ultrasound vs 20 week

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:02 AM
  • 9 Replies
I had my second ultrasound today. As some of you may know, during my first u/s the tech said she was 99% sure it was a girl because there was no nub & she saw a white line or white lines.
Now at my ultrasound today... The tech said its a boy. This time it was a different lady.
I couldn't believe it!! I'm still in shock. She didnt guarantee only because she said she'd rather wait. Not sure why? When I looked at my ultrasound photos... At the info... It read that I'm 18wks 5days. Which is weird because according to my LMP, I'm 20 weeks.
Anyway.... I'm going to post the photos and you ladies can give your opinions. This nub looks soooo small compared to my DS's 20 week ultrasound. Maybe its just the angle?
Can you tell what angle this is taken at.. From belly view or from bottom view? If bottom view, shouldn't I be able to see a scrotum?

Thanks in advance ladies! Pretty sure this is a baby boy, but I just wanted to get your opinions first. :)
Ps. I googled girl & boy ultrasound images and its soooo hard to tell. It doesn't look like girl neither a boy.. Its too small & she took this photo super up close. Maybe its just my eyes, hence why I'm asking you. Even though I had a trained professional tell me she is almost sure its a boy lol
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Wifeandmomof1
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Mobile Photo

15 weeks
Wifeandmomof1
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:04 AM

Mobile Photo

20 weeks
babie113
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Looks like a girl to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:06 AM
yup thats a weenie. You sure its not twins?

Quoting Wifeandmomof1:

Mobile Photo

20 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wifeandmomof1
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:12 AM
That's what I thought.. The tech even 99% confirmed it. Lol so you really think that's a penis? Its sooo upclose.. Maybe if it were further away I would be able to tell.

Quoting babie113:

Looks like a girl to me
babie113
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:18 AM
it does look liike a penis and testicles
this is so odd the two scans look so different

maybe it was hiding in the first scan
either that or it was too soon or you got twins

Quoting Wifeandmomof1:

That's what I thought.. The tech even 99% confirmed it. Lol so you really think that's a penis? Its sooo upclose.. Maybe if it were further away I would be able to tell.

Quoting babie113:

Looks like a girl to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babie113
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:18 AM

Quoting Wifeandmomof1:

Quoting babie113:

Looks like a girl to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wifeandmomof1
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Oh my gosh I wish you could point out the parts to me in person because I literally can't see the scrotum. Lol
They do look completely different, you're right. I doubt I have twins.. I'm 20 weeks. My OB listens to the heart rate every month I'm sure she would've heard two heart beats by now & there was only one sac when I had my early ultrasound scan. Would be crazy though lol

Quoting babie113:

Quoting Wifeandmomof1:

Quoting babie113:

Looks like a girl to me
mommyziegler
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:12 AM
15 weeks can be a little soon or she was just not at a good angle! But it is definitely a boy! Congrats!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN