Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

New here :)

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:35 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi, new here. My name is Alexandra and I have a 2 year old daughter with another girl on her way, currently 37 weeks. I grew up in California and now live in Arizona, with my wonderful partner. I work from home for now in IT (started staying home due to a difficult pregnancy, but I am loving the extra time with DD so it may be more of a permanent thing, assuming I keep up with the work from home). I am hoping for the next few weeks to go by quickly. I have multiple sclerosis and have had five relapses, currently suffering with some difficult symptoms. With my first daughter I was relapse free, and with most pregnancies, multiple sclerosis does go into complete remisson. This time, I am just one of the lucky few it did not. So anywho, I am sure I am not the only 37 weeker who is ready to get it over with! My first dd came at 39 +4 so I am hoping this one at least decides to come by then, assuming she is healthy and ready!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mousesmommy5610
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome and nice to meet u I'm Kosha I'm 21 living in utah married have a 3 yr old girl and a 3mo old girl. Glad ur pregnancy is well my last one was really rough both c section babies, my first came 9days early emergency c section 2nd was 3 1/2 weeks early lots of complications.... U are more than welcome to add me I'm kinda new here myself. Congrats on the baby (: sorry to hear of the relaps
Veggiemummy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:46 AM

She is 100 percent healthy so I am ok with the relapses (although I admit, she better really love me for all I have gone through this pregnancy ;]) and how was your c-section? I had a natural vaginal delivery with my first and plan vaginally with this one, however there is a chance with my ms, that I may not be able to feel enough to push so I have a small risk of c-section. I don't forsee it happening but the risk is there.

Quoting mousesmommy5610:

Welcome and nice to meet u I'm Kosha I'm 21 living in utah married have a 3 yr old girl and a 3mo old girl. Glad ur pregnancy is well my last one was really rough both c section babies, my first came 9days early emergency c section 2nd was 3 1/2 weeks early lots of complications.... U are more than welcome to add me I'm kinda new here myself. Congrats on the baby (: sorry to hear of the relaps

jezike
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello Hello,

My name is Jasmine and I just signed on two days ago. I love it here and I am so thankful that Cafemoms was sent to me. 

I am 38 weeks pregnant so I am ready right along with you. I live in Texas and it is 3:43am right now and I cannot sleep. My pelvic bones/va jay jay is throbbing right now and I am have braxton hicks so I cannot rest. I was secretly hoping the real contractions would kick in so the baby could come already but I may still have to wait a couple weeks.

Enjoy this place because the women answer questions very fast especially during the day time and everyone is really friendly.

Keep us updated on baby girl :)

Veggiemummy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:50 AM

I am having major bh! I went into preterm labor at 32 and they stopped it, so now I have had unpleasant, painful braxton hicks ever since. Everytime i get a painful one I secretly hope I am in labor. Unfortunately, no change in cervix so still some time in the oven. DO you know what you are expecting???

Quoting jezike:

Hello Hello,

My name is Jasmine and I just signed on two days ago. I love it here and I am so thankful that Cafemoms was sent to me. 

I am 38 weeks pregnant so I am ready right along with you. I live in Texas and it is 3:43am right now and I cannot sleep. My pelvic bones/va jay jay is throbbing right now and I am have braxton hicks so I cannot rest. I was secretly hoping the real contractions would kick in so the baby could come already but I may still have to wait a couple weeks.

Enjoy this place because the women answer questions very fast especially during the day time and everyone is really friendly.

Keep us updated on baby girl :)

mousesmommy5610
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:00 AM
My first one was scary and hard to handle. I hated the fact I had a c section. It took three weeks to actually walk on my own I hurt so bad. I wanted a vbac (vaginal birth after csection) with my second but due to preterm labor and other things I opted out of that one plus I had a higher risk of uterine rupture and a ton of stuff. So with a few belly stabs to make sure her lungs were developed I was scheduled for my c section I fed baby only a short ten mins after birth she met her sister daddy nanny papa nana auntie and cousin right away. I was up walking-ish but up moving around within an hr and still going. So next baby will be c section when we are ready. And I'm sure baby girl loves u for keeping her safe and ur self too (:

Quoting Veggiemummy:

She is 100 percent healthy so I am ok with the relapses (although I admit, she better really love me for all I have gone through this pregnancy ;]) and how was your c-section? I had a natural vaginal delivery with my first and plan vaginally with this one, however there is a chance with my ms, that I may not be able to feel enough to push so I have a small risk of c-section. I don't forsee it happening but the risk is there.

Quoting mousesmommy5610:

mousesmommy5610
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:01 AM
Ladies.drink.lots of water about 60-80oz a day.I'd u plan to breastfeed only about 40 oz (: and a warm NOT HOT shower good luck
Veggiemummy
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:05 AM

I am glad to hear you had two healthy out of c-sections! SO many women I meet are so judgey when you mention it. I was in the hospital for preterm labor at 32 weeks and a nurse randomly said to me, "I hope now that your labor is stopped, you will stay on strict bed rest until 40 weeks. You wouldn't want to end up with an emergency c section and I certainly hope you arent planning one! C-sections are so painful and honestly, I feel too many women jump to them, blah blah blah." I had no idea where the comment came from nor did I appreciate it when I was in the hospital on sodium mag worried she would come early.

Quoting mousesmommy5610:

My first one was scary and hard to handle. I hated the fact I had a c section. It took three weeks to actually walk on my own I hurt so bad. I wanted a vbac (vaginal birth after csection) with my second but due to preterm labor and other things I opted out of that one plus I had a higher risk of uterine rupture and a ton of stuff. So with a few belly stabs to make sure her lungs were developed I was scheduled for my c section I fed baby only a short ten mins after birth she met her sister daddy nanny papa nana auntie and cousin right away. I was up walking-ish but up moving around within an hr and still going. So next baby will be c section when we are ready. And I'm sure baby girl loves u for keeping her safe and ur self too (:

Quoting Veggiemummy:

Quoting mousesmommy5610:

mousesmommy5610
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:15 AM
Oh I completely understand. I live in a small town I went into labor with my first at 21 weeks the dr here gave me the wrong meds and was rude as hell I was right about 18. So I went to the city and they helped a lot. I then thought I lost this one at 14 weeks I had a bleed he said miscarriage and I refused to listen cause she was still moving, I saw my Dr she was ok. Then at 16 weeks thought I went into labor and he said " well if she is then I'm not going to do anything baby won't make it. Hook her to iv for fluids and see what happens" I was mad sec.time he tried to kill my kids... I then went into full blown lador at 32 weeks dilated to a 3 by the time I saw my Dr in l&d in the city. I was transferred by ambulance to another hospital cause labor wasn't stopping and the nurse said that if I was going to have baby tonight is have to deal with a vbac cause if I had a c section they would a hysterectomy on me. My god I was livid and started yelling between contractions at 2 mins apart and I prayed she would stay put, she did but was way ready darn kid kept throwing me into full blown labor and made my water leak! Haha so I feel ya

Quoting Veggiemummy:

I am glad to hear you had two healthy out of c-sections! SO many women I meet are so judgey when you mention it. I was in the hospital for preterm labor at 32 weeks and a nurse randomly said to me, "I hope now that your labor is stopped, you will stay on strict bed rest until 40 weeks. You wouldn't want to end up with an emergency c section and I certainly hope you arent planning one! C-sections are so painful and honestly, I feel too many women jump to them, blah blah blah." I had no idea where the comment came from nor did I appreciate it when I was in the hospital on sodium mag worried she would come early.

Quoting mousesmommy5610:

Quoting Veggiemummy:

Quoting mousesmommy5610:

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Welcome to the group!!

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Welcome and congratulations!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)