• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 days left :o

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
  • 20 Replies
Im due in 4 days and pregnant with my first many people said "they usually come a week after the due date" not my son he wants to come now! He is dropping quickly, to quick he isn't giving me time to contract. Doctor said if he keeps this up and I dont open im gonna need a C-SECTION :c

How do I provoke contractions?

When I was 6 months pregnant I was in the hospital for pre-term labor (too many contractions) now I cant even get one!
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schultzal
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:34 AM
3 moms liked this
Your doctor is wrong. And baby dropping, head down, means he is preparing to be born, but it is very rare that a woman goes into labour and does not dilate. The best thing you can do is try to relax. Baby will let you know when he's on his way. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babycarney08
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Sex brings on contractions.
charley31
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Good luck with your first baby thats soo exciting! Sleep while you can. I heard sex and a lot of walking can bring on contractions. Best of luck!
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:24 AM

dont let them scare you into a Csection.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I agree--not sure what your doctor is basing it all on.  Have faith in your body...it will figure out what it needs to do.  Good luck hun!

Quoting schultzal:

Your doctor is wrong. And baby dropping, head down, means he is preparing to be born, but it is very rare that a woman goes into labour and does not dilate. The best thing you can do is try to relax. Baby will let you know when he's on his way. :)

bellaa90
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Try eating eggplant and walking. I think your dr is wrong btw I agree with the other replies. Good luck keep us updated! ;)

thetardis
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I was in the hospital for preterm labor at 33 weeks and now I am two days past my due date. Lol. I agree with some pp, your doctor isn't making sense. He's dropping so he's getting ready and will likely be born in the next 2 weeks. First babies usually drop 2-4 weeks before labor begins and that does not mean you need a c-section.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
MacMamaof5
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM

C sections make a lot of Doctors happy cause it's like over 10k per surgery that they get.  Remember that and trust in your body.

erinf28
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I never had contractions with my daughter until a half hour after my water broke. She came 2 days early. Don't let him scare you into a c-section. It's still to early to even start thinking about that.

jezike
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Thanks for saying that...I did not know they get paid that much for a C-Section. That is something else. 

Please trust your baby and body. Everything will be wonderful:)

Quoting MacMamaof5:

C sections make a lot of Doctors happy cause it's like over 10k per surgery that they get.  Remember that and trust in your body.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)