Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT: Natural bug remedies.

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 5 Replies

I'm not in many groups, so I was hoping some of you ladies could be of assistance. 

My son has bad reactions to bug bites, he has had bites swell up to golf ball sized welts. He is getting new bites as he sleeps now! (I am too, but I'm more worried about him)  

I'd like to point out that my house is very clean. But I have ants (the business downstairs had an infestation), and I'm guessing it's spiders biting my son at night. 

Does anyone know of any natural ways to get rid of these bugs? I'd like them taken care of before my daughter gets here on October. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Anyone? 

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM

If you worry it  could be spiders. Vacuum the crap out of the bed, pillows and stuffed animals. My girls were getting bits from spiders and had to do that. What I Dr told us the only thing we could do. To get red or them.

Ants if you know where they are coming from put cinnamon down there. They don't like the taste of it and it is safe for kids and animals.

Tree tea oil and water, a few drops in the water bottle and spray on you before you go outside and reapply every 2 hours. That helps with  gnats, suppose to for mosquito's, ticks.

If it is bed bugs. They are harder to get rid of and only know you need someone to get rid of them for you. It doesn't matter how clean you are. Things happen and that is life.

I hope those help.

tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Thank you! I hope it's not bed bugs.. I have found these tiny clear/green/yellow spiders around my house. I think it might be them. I'll have to do an overhaul of his room today. 

Quoting Raeann11:

If you worry it  could be spiders. Vacuum the crap out of the bed, pillows and stuffed animals. My girls were getting bits from spiders and had to do that. What I Dr told us the only thing we could do. To get red or them.

Ants if you know where they are coming from put cinnamon down there. They don't like the taste of it and it is safe for kids and animals.

Tree tea oil and water, a few drops in the water bottle and spray on you before you go outside and reapply every 2 hours. That helps with  gnats, suppose to for mosquito's, ticks.

If it is bed bugs. They are harder to get rid of and only know you need someone to get rid of them for you. It doesn't matter how clean you are. Things happen and that is life.

I hope those help.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Ewww, your welcome it is hard when your house invaded by other creatures. I would do a lot of vacuuming of everything. See if that helps.

Quoting tammy_lynne:

Thank you! I hope it's not bed bugs.. I have found these tiny clear/green/yellow spiders around my house. I think it might be them. I'll have to do an overhaul of his room today. 

Quoting Raeann11:

I hope those help.

tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I'm going to. I have a hard time with insects in my home. 

Thank you again! 

Quoting tammy_lynne:

I'm not in many groups, so I was hoping some of you ladies could be of assistance. 

My son has bad reactions to bug bites, he has had bites swell up to golf ball sized welts. He is getting new bites as he sleeps now! (I am too, but I'm more worried about him)  

I'd like to point out that my house is very clean. But I have ants (the business downstairs had an infestation), and I'm guessing it's spiders biting my son at night. 

Does anyone know of any natural ways to get rid of these bugs? I'd like them taken care of before my daughter gets here on October. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)