Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Swimming

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

Is it safe to go swimming and/or hot tubing while pregnant due to the chemicals and heat associated with either or?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DACIA79
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Swimming is recommended hot tub is a big no no
eellison
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Stay out of the hot tub.  The hot water increases your body temperature and could cause severe damage and death to your unborn baby.  The same goes for tanning beds.  Swimming in pools is fine.  I take my girls all the time and I am 33 weeks along.  Swimming is actually one of the recommended exercises for pregnant women.

tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Swimming is fine, it actually feels amazing when you get bigger. I have heard that the heat of the hot tub isn't good for the baby, and I've heard that it's fine... So to be safe, I just stay away from it. 

Larsbug
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM

swimming is great for your back while pregnant and is safe...hot tubs are too hot

klear05
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Swimming has become my favorite thing to do while preggers. 

The weighlessness is just purely amazing. 

Ldybg7
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I live right next to Sea World San Antonio and I love just relaxing&swimming in the pools in their water park! Some of the pools are warm not hot which is perfect for my tummy:)I read swimming is good and I'm gonna take advantage of this n being in the water๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Swimming is fantastic. Helps all the sore muscles, for sure! Stay away from hot tubs!

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Swimming is a huge YES, it's actually a great way to stay healthy during pregnancy and great to help with the aches of the 3rd trimester. 

Hot tubbing is a big time no no because of the extreme temperature. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
pregnancy week by week
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Swimming yes. Submerging in a hot tub is not a good idea.

forsakingall
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM

My hot tub is set at 97 degrees which is below your body temperature.  This is perfectly fine.  It's like taking a bath.  The whole purpose of staying out of a hot tub is to ensure that it doesn't raise your temperature so keep it below that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)