Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby is breeched

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 11 Replies

Im 26 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I had an ultrasound today and my doctor found out that she is breeched. This is my 4th baby and my 2nd baby was breeched also. I know this puts me at higher risk for a c section if she doesnt turn by 37 weeks. My doctor told me to start keeping an eye out for contractions and if i dont feel right dont question it and to go into labor and delivery to get checked out. Im just nervous because my 3rd baby was born with in 2 hours. He said i would probabily have this baby quick as well and that if i progress too quickly that i might have her vaginally and if she has not turned that it would be dangerous for the both of us. He also wants me to take it easy until she turns or after im 37 weeks. Have any of you ladies been through this before?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemamarisa
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I haven't been through this before, this is my first pregnancy. I have heard that after your first baby the baby can turn a few hours right before labor.

I wish you the best of luck. My baby didn't drop/turn until about 35 weeks. 

CafeMom Tickers
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

At 26 weeks, I wouldn't even bother thinking about it. I'm a few days shy of 33 weeks and my baby girl is constantly flipping breech, head down, then back to breech. Your baby could flip a couple hundred times before you get to your due date.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Your baby still has plenty of time to flip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stepconfused182
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM
It's still very early to worry about a breech position. My daughter was breech and never flipped so I had her by csection. I worry this one will be too because my OB said my uterus is heart shaped, making it harder for baby to flip if not done early enough. You still have a couple months for baby to flip and there are lots of techniques you can try!
rjmac88
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Why would they even care at 26 weeks? Your baby still has months of full on rolling left. She just happened to be breech at the u/s
Babes2626
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I wouldn't worry your baby has plenty of time to turn!! 

becs0808
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I think you are early enough right now that I wouldn't be concerned. My doctor wasn't even concerned when my bottom twin was breech at that gestation becasue there is still plenty of time for baby to turn. Now at 32 weeks my doc says there isn't much chance that baby will turn now because they are running out of room. But I have heard of babies turning day of delivery so you just never know

5tyli5hLensT
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:41 PM

My baby was breech at that time but last week she turned head down. You still have time for her to get head down.

babymamalover84
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:33 PM
My obgyn worries about his patients and the well being of the babies... he just wants us safe...
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I wouldn't worry at this point and time. There is so much time for baby to turn. Some baby's turn close to there due date, some the day and some during labor.

But there are things later you can do to try and get baby to turn when it is close to your estimated due date. Chiropractors trained in the Webster technique. Massage therapists can help. Look at spinningbabies.com. There are some helpful things on there. There are stretch's you can do to help encourage baby to turn.

But don't worry about it at this point and time. Lots of baby's are still breech at this point and time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)