• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did u or will u get baby's room ready?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 33 Replies
I'm kind of crazy OCD and a super plan way ahead type of mom. I am almost 14 weeks pregnant and have the baby's room all cleaned out, tons of diapers and wipes bought and baby furniture ordered. Waiting to paint two of the walls until we know what we are having.

What is everyone else doing?? Is there a theme for your baby's room?? Please share :))
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baby7810
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

i had this babys room done at 29weeks. i'm currently 32w :)

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

WOW- that's way early.. what are you going to have left to do the final weeks of pregnancy? You'e going to drive yourself absolutely batty with no preparation to do! lol

erinf28
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I'm going to start getting the room ready next week when we find out what we are having. I already have a daughter and I can't wait to find out what I can keep or give away. I like getting things done early also, so for right now I'm organizing as many things as possible but I've run out of things to do with the rooms lol.

Mamasgotthis817
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Haha!! Organizing a ton here too!

Quoting erinf28:

I'm going to start getting the room ready next week when we find out what we are having. I already have a daughter and I can't wait to find out what I can keep or give away. I like getting things done early also, so for right now I'm organizing as many things as possible but I've run out of things to do with the rooms lol.

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM

We're starting on the basics in September, when I'm in my second trimester. Furniture, etc. We're doing a Muppets theme, so most of it is able to be done before we know gender. Then, once we know the gender at the end of October, we'll work in either blue or pink accents (the room is green). I'm so excited to get things going! lol

LuvMyBoys09
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this
We're not doing anything until we move.
We've put in an offer on a house and if all goes as planned, we'll be decorating her room in the new house.
amberleh
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM

We did Monkeys, with a color scheme of green and brown, that way it could be for a girl or boy. It is adorable! We painted when I was 22 weeks, and then have steadily been adding things to the room as we got them. The room got completely finished at 33 weeks after I got stuff from my baby shower! I've been washing and putting away clothes this entire time since I have a bunch of friends who have been giving me clothes thier babies have outgrown and such. I am now almost 37 weeks.

KPJ
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:46 PM
My son's nursery is done and the theme is aviation. I am 34+ weeks
jezike
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM

We are 90% done over here...just need shelves for the dresser and a new rug. All the necessary things are bought. We are doing a sports theme: basketball, baseball and soccer. I am 38 weeks so we need to hurry up with these additional items because I cannot really move around as quickly as I used to LOL. All I want to do is eat pizza and chat w/ you ladies LOL :)

bellaa90
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Once we find out the sex we will start the nursery. I already have the furniture picked out though from Pottery Barn lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)