Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feel like such a bad mom :(

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
  • 14 Replies

My 5 year old son wanted a brother so bad. i found out that i am having another girl today. I already have 2 girls and i also wanted another boy. He threw a truck at his daddy and hit him in the head. He of course got into trouble for it. When he went to the bathroom i went in and checked on my 5 year old and asked him what is wrong. He never throws toys at his daddy...ever...hes a very good kid...i told him that i am sorry he didnt get a baby brother and he started sobbing and kept asking when will i ever get what i want mama? I held him and broke down crying...it broke my heart that i cant give him the brother that he wants so bad. The whole way home from the doctors office he was pouting and was so sad but seeing him cry made me cry... i am crying again. I am so blessed that she is healthy and is doing well but i also wanted another boy...i know how he feels...poor little guy...:(

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my.sonshine
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM
when she is here think about how that would make HER feel. But, you only found out today. This gives you time to get him used to the fact that he will have a wonderful baby sister.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babymamalover84
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Ya I know...I love her already...he will get used to it...he really loves his sisters but his heart was set on a brother...
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM

hugs

mrssummerlin
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:12 PM

He'll come around, just give him some time and explain to him that you can't control the gender of the baby and it has nothin to do with what anyone else wants, it's about growing the family. 

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Give him time. :(

Candie1015
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Maybe just tell him he can have a brother of his own choice. Friends are like siblings just ones that you choose. Maybe that would help. The thought that he could pick his own brother will probably be an amazing idea that he will love. It wont really be the same and we know that but its an option
LoveOfWisdom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I had a similar (minus throwing) fit when I was 7 and my mom found out she was having a second boy and not the sister I wanted.  I don't remember much of what happened afterwards, but I was fine.  You're not a bad mom :)  Get him really involved, tell him what a good brother he can be to his sisters... make it a coold thing.

Devious103102
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:08 PM

You're not a bad mom. He's a kid, he'll be ok. 

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Aww. It'll turn out fine. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nynnie
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
That doesn't make u a bad mom, it makes ur DH a bad dad because his sperm decides the sex, lol. My nephew was 7 when he got his 3rd sister, he cried too, but at 9 he finally got that baby brother. So maybe in the future he'll get him. When my niece was born that same little boy that cried about her could not stop talking about and doing anything he could with her. He'll get over it, and so will u cuz my sis did. I guess she was so happy with her 5th being a boy she just had him in March and is pregnant again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)