Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I'm turning into

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 1 Replies

a hypocondriact. I'm absolutely terrified of getting a blood clot. In 2005 I had a clot in my brain and was told if/when I got pregnant it would be important to start blood thinner shots right away. I was supposed to start them Monday, but my prescription coverage doesn't start until the 1st. (a 10 day supply would have been $350) My doc said it would be alright to wait until then. This is the second time he has put it off. But now I'm all panicky. I'm 8 weeks 4 days right now, and still not on blood thinners.

I mentioned something to the nurse last time I was in the office but she didn't seem to care much. She was already being pulled in 10 different directions. And I've already been to the ER once a couple weeks ago. I thought I had a clot in my leg. It was hot, red, swollen and my foot was purple. They did jack shit there, and the pain went away by the next day, and thats when the breathing thing started. It feels like I'm constantly breathing heavy or working to catch my breath. Even when just chillin' on the couch. I keep thinking that I had a clot in my leg and it dislogged and traveled to my lung. 

Anyone else have trouble with pulmonary embolisms while pregnant? I'm avoiding looking it up on the internet because Im sure it will tell me that I am dying. 

pregnancy

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I hope all is ok!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)