• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First appt. with the doc tomorrow....UPDATE**

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Finally this day has come for me. It seems like it has been forever which technically it has. Excited and Hoping to hear the heart beat and maybe see the baby, but dreading all the needles and vagina pokings..haha Just praying for a Healthy pregnacy and healthy baby.. :) Update after appt. on how it went and what they did for all you first time moms who wonders what they do on first visits.. Which yes most are diff. but generally do the same.. Appt. July 25th at 1:20pm..

**Appt went great. Answered tons of questions, Peed in a cup and Heard the Heartbeat which was 165. My 6 year old son was pure shaking, so I asked him what was wrong and he said he was so excited.. It was so cute he was so happy to be able to come.. I will have my Anatomy Scan on Aug. 22 and will be finding out what we are having.. Yahhh.. So my mind is eased and Im just happy everything went great.. Didnt have to have blood work.. And I think I might be able to not even do it.. So I have alot of thinking to do before the 22nd..

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 7w4d at my first appointment. They did a lot of bloodwork, health and history questions, ursine sample, weight, blood pressure, and a transvaginal ultrasound.
19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Yea im dreading the all the blood work..

Quoting LeapBaby123:

I was 7w4d at my first appointment. They did a lot of bloodwork, health and history questions, ursine sample, weight, blood pressure, and a transvaginal ultrasound.

CafeMom Tickers
ladyambition
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Good luck at your appointment

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Thank you..

Quoting ladyambition:

Good luck at your appointment

CafeMom Tickers
gsmiles25
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I did mine out if order but you will probably have blood work done, pee in a cup, height/weight health history, go over questions, and an ultrasound-most likely transvaginal. Advice... Before they draw blood make sure the lab work is covered by your insurance. I have a $250.00 bill to be paid to labcorp when it could have been free if I had it drawn across the street.

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Finally this day has come for me. It seems like it has been forever which technically it has. Excited and Hoping to hear the heart beat and maybe see the baby, but dreading all the needles and vagina pokings..haha Just praying for a Healthy pregnacy and healthy baby.. :) Update after appt. on how it went and what they did for all you first time moms who wonders what they do on first visits.. Which yes most are diff. but generally do the same.. Appt. July 25th at 1:20pm..

gsmiles25
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah... My appt is at 8:45 tomorrow so I will exchange news with you tomorrow :)
Just.1.More
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck tomm honey 

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Wow they should have told you that before hand on the bill deal.
Quoting gsmiles25:

I did mine out if order but you will probably have blood work done, pee in a cup, height/weight health history, go over questions, and an ultrasound-most likely transvaginal. Advice... Before they draw blood make sure the lab work is covered by your insurance. I have a $250.00 bill to be paid to labcorp when it could have been free if I had it drawn across the street.

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

CafeMom Tickers
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wolfybaby
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM
ill just say, you dont *have* to do all the bloodwork. if you have a legitimate phobia of needles, you can just decline all of the labwork. that being said, im going to do it just because there is no risk or downside to it.. i hate needles with a passion, but just knowing that the needle is only taking my blood and not injecting me with god-knows-what, i feel more comfortable.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)