• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bye Bye 8 hours

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hey Ladies,

I am 38 weeks and realized I have not slept a solid 8 hours for a while...how many of you are in the same boat? It seems every night something makes me fall short of my lovely 8 hrs. How is your pursuit of 8 hrs going for you?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I'm a zombie most days lol. Between muscle and skeletal pain, and having to pee every few hours. I haven't had a good nights sleep in months. I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow. 

Devious103102
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I haven't slept a solid 8hrs but, maybe, 3 times, since I was 10, lol.

Larsbug
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I am lucky if I get 3-4, and I'm not even pregnant... no one in my family sleeps well

Mittenmommie
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I usually get 9-10 hours a night... I need my sleep lol
jezike
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:27 PM

You go girl!!! I am going to strive to be like you LOL :)

Quoting Mittenmommie:

I usually get 9-10 hours a night... I need my sleep lol

jezike
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:29 PM

LOL So funny. I know it is tough especially being pregnant. I can only last so long on my side or back. I'm making it though LOL. Thank God and my Hubby.

Quoting Devious103102:

I haven't slept a solid 8hrs but, maybe, 3 times, since I was 10, lol.

HLmom89
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:37 PM
I wish i could sleep. I know i dont get 8hrs and i need my sleep.
Between a dh who snores and hogs our bed, 2 cats that insist on sleeping next me and my pregnancy almost done(counting down now).
Its now after 10:30pm here(before being pregnant i would be asleep by 10pm and up at 7am) and i have muscle aches, bladder feeling full, cats by me and mild heartburn(i took tums and drank milk tonight so its not as bad as it normally get). I pee at least 5-6times through out the night. My best sleep i get is when dh leaves for work which is just under 4:45am and i cant sleep til 5:30am and i am then up by 8:30am(refuse to get up and get kids til that time).
And just to think in 7weeks when i can rest i will be up feeding, changing every few hrs, then have to be wide awake and get kids ready for school by 7:30am as school starts at 8am. Which means i have to somehow feed myself along with shower, have breakfast ready and get a almost 3 year old dressed, newborn fed(hopefully) and have every one out to the van by 7:45am
jezike
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I will not complain anymore since reading your reply LOL. Your life is definitely more active than mine right now, but you seem to have it all in order and I guess when you are working hard for your family it doesn't feel like work :)

Quoting HLmom89:

Between a dh who snores and hogs our bed, 2 cats that insist on sleeping next me and my pregnancy almost done(counting down now).
Its now after 10:30pm here(before being pregnant i would be asleep by 10pm and up at 7am) and i have muscle aches, bladder feeling full, cats by me and mild heartburn(i took tums and drank milk tonight so its not as bad as it normally get). I pee at least 5-6times through out the night. My best sleep i get is when dh leaves for work which is just under 4:45am and i cant sleep til 5:30am and i am then up by 8:30am(refuse to get up and get kids til that time).
And just to think in 7weeks when i can rest i will be up feeding, changing every few hrs, then have to be wide awake and get kids ready for school by 7:30am as school starts at 8am. Which means i have to somehow feed myself along with shower, have breakfast ready and get a almost 3 year old dressed, newborn fed(hopefully) and have every one out to the van by 7:45am

HLmom89
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM
When your raising kids u tend to loose sleep. Like my grandpa(best man i ever met) always said u will get to sleep all the time when your dead, so enjoy what u have with no sleep.
My mom always told me too- once u become a mom there is no such thing as 8hrs or more of sleep. U learn to cope.
Well i am still learning to cope as before kids and marraige i used to sleep from 11:30pm til damn near noon. Well those days are over and i just learned to deal with what i do get

Quoting jezike:

I will not complain anymore since reading your reply LOL. Your life is definitely more active than mine right now, but you seem to have it all in order and I guess when you are working hard for your family it doesn't feel like work :)

Quoting HLmom89:

Allisonc7910
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I'm in the same boat. My dd can't take the bus this year and we will all be getting up each morning. I hope that I can be asleep by 8 to fit 7 or 8 hours in till 7 the next morning. Enjoy the sleep now! Even if you have to sleep in a different bed. You need it.

Quoting HLmom89:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)