Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evening sickness

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 7 Replies
I know morning sickness can happen whenever, but I swear I only ever feel naseaus in the evening when I lay down for bed. I'm lucky to have not actually gotten sick yet, but I'm sick of feeling sick! >_<
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Autumn19
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM

hugs

brknBelle
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Thanks. I'm only 10 weeks and thus far (compared to some girls I know) I've had an easy first trimester. Except for not being able to sleep bc of feeling nauseas & back aches. Hopefully it'll lighten up when 2nd trimester hits
angela84
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Something that always made me feel better in the evenings was snacking on frozen blueberries (or other frozen berries/fruit but I liked blueberries the most). Like the frozen ones that come in a bag in the freezer section of your grocery store. For some reason they took the edge off. I think it was the stimulation of cold that made my brain focus on something other than how sick I felt.

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I was sick in the evenings for the first couple of weeks, before it slowly transitioned to more of a morning thing. I can't figure out which one's worse. At least in the evening, I'm at home, and not work!

brknBelle
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Weirdly enough, I've been wanting Popsicles a lot lately. The little freezie ones that come in a huge pack. Wonder if those would help calm my stomach?
jezike
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Oh girl the good news is that it may go away at any time. When I was in my first trimester I only got evening sickness as well. Between 5-8pm I would vomit. What helped me to stop vomiting was to eat something with heavy salt (crackers), and eat it before I got too hungry or right before I had to vomit. Also stay active, don't just sit and sulk. Before I knew it the evening sickness was gone.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I was the same way with my last pregnancy. I felt pretty cruddy all day long. But when I would lay down for bed, it got even worse.

If I remember correctly. It got a lot better part way into my second trimester. I hope you feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)