• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure if I'm pregnant, just need some advice

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

So my first pregnancy at 24 I didn't know about until the 8th month, crazy I know.  Anyways because of that I have no idea what I should expect for symptoms.  The past week or so I've had sore breasts, mostly the right one.  I've also had a lot of headaches which isn't normal for me.  I've had a couple hot flashes, some nausea, twinges of pain in my lower abdomen, right near the "unmentionable" area lol.  Anyways, I'm also experiencing sudden bouts of fatigue.  I do want to mention that I had what I thought was my period a week or so ago but it was light.  Also, I don't have regular periods, and never have.  I also have hypothyroidism but its under control.  So what I want to know is, does this sound like early pregnancy symptoms or something else?  Thanks in advance!

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM
It could be, it could also be something else. Only way to know for sure is to test.
Photosnappr
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Do you think it's too early to test?  Honestly even though I have a 4 year old daughter the whole pregnancy thing is new to me lol. Sounds crazy I know

stargaze281
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:56 AM
your symptoms do seem those related to pregnancy. best thing to do would be to take a preg test.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:02 AM

It sounds like it could be pregnancy symptoms, but it could just as likely be just a bug or something. You should test, or get a blood test.

huntersmommy91
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM
How long after u had unprotected sex did these syptoms start? I'm feeling some of the same but not sure if I'm pregnant either I know it's still to early to test I'm not due for my period till August 7th but I have been feeling sick and having some cramps head aches also been going potty a lot more my breast Hurt a little bit but not too bad.
Photosnappr
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
The last time we had unprotected sex was during my period, which ended on July 15th. I started feeling like this just a few days after, it started with sore breasts, just little pinches of pain mostly in the right one but now it's bouncing between both of them. It's not bothersome i just notice it from time to time. I can't really take a test based on when I get my period because it doesn't show up on the same day every month. I think I'm gonna go get a test and see what it says in the morning. Thanks for all the help, it's nice to come on here and get advice from other women. :-)
lillucky8
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Its hard to tell really without testing. I would take a test and go from there. If its negative id call your pcp for an appointment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsHill12
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM
I would test then retest next month and see... If more symptoms come or they don't go away I would go to doctor
Photosnappr
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Thank you everyone, I have a pap scheduled for the 8th and I'm going to take a test in the morning, will post the news, hopefully it's good. :-)
cheftay
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Hi ladies, I've been feeling all the above symptoms. I me and my husband have been trying but lately we've had no luck. I have a 4 year old already and thought it should be easier the second time round but nope not even...!! I had my period July 10th but before it came I was feeling symptoms,feeling the same after. I'm not sure but we'll see. Good luck to you all and lots of baby dust.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)