Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

dehydration

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 19 Replies
Ok so I'm 8 weeks and 4 daysfor 24 hours I was unable to keep even water down, so we spend last night in the er for me being dehydration. I was so bad I had passed out just walking back to bed. Anyways after 2 bags of fluids I'm still not feeling any better. Only thing that's changed is I'm not throwing up. Any advice?
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matthew314
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM
bump
jayangel82
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Drink only water! Thats what i did.. i threw in a Gatorade every few days for flavor and electrolights

jezike
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Hello,

My hubby is a RN and he also suggested power drinks like Gatorade or Powerade :) 

matthew314
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I'm not able to keep anything down still. I'm worried I'm going to have to go back the er. They had a hard time last night getting iv started. How long will it take for the fluids to do their job?

Quoting jezike:

Hello,

My hubby is a RN and he also suggested power drinks like Gatorade or Powerade :) 

Just.1.More
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM
If ur still not feeling well then just go back to the er. Not being able to eat let alone keep water down isn't good for u or the baby.
jezike
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM

My Hubby just left for work but I would say that with rest and constant drinking of the fluids, maybe a day or two. But then again I do not have a medical degree LOL. You may want to visit the ER like the other ladies have been suggesting.

Quoting matthew314:

I'm not able to keep anything down still. I'm worried I'm going to have to go back the er. They had a hard time last night getting iv started. How long will it take for the fluids to do their job?

Quoting jezike:

Hello,

krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Right now don't worry too much about eating focus on staying hydrated. I went through that with my daughter who is now 5 1/2 years old. I went approximately 1 week without eating basically but my doctor said it was okay because your body will dig into its reserves and give to your baby first. You have to be able to keep water down in order to keep anything down. Once you can keep water down then move onto crackers. It'll take a few days to start feeling better. Good luck :)
lifeglow
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
You should ask them to put you on some zofran. It will help you keep things down. It was like heaven for me!
LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Fluids get into our system pretty quick, so those two bag should have already done what they're going to. You feeling bad may not be related to dehydration, but if you're still concerned, call your doctor. Also, try sipping one sip at a time, every five minutes. Your stomach may be able to tolerate that better.
Megan11587
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I got a really bad stomach bug when I was pregnant.  I kept drinking even though I would get sick.  Don't stop drinking just to avoid vomiting.  Just keep drinking!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)