Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I need help on what I should do ! I will explain everything in full details..

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hi, I've been on the patch for about 2 months now, before I was on the IUD, my period have always been regular, on time, I know when to expect it and for how long, it's honestly perfect and I've had my period for about 5 years now. So July 3rd, Wednesday was suppose to be my change day for my second patch. I applied a new one and then it fell off, started bleeding Saturday afternoon, later that night at 1am, technically Sunday morning, I put a new one on, note the fact it's been 72hours since I replaced it. I didn't know I messed up till after the fact. At 1:30, me and my boyfriend had sex, he ejaculated a lot. I kept the patch on till next Saturday, took the patch off and waited for my period. Then the following Wednesday I started bleeding, came out brown, now I have heavy heavy bleeding on my period for a full 7 days maybe even 8, I know hell ! Runs in the fam. But last week I only bled from Wednesday till Saturday, came out brown, then red very light bleeding compared to normal, end light pink then brown. I knew something was wrong, I know it wasn't bc of the birth control my period has always worked fine even when I mess up. This time I knew it was different. So I took a test Monday just to see. It came out negative but with a really faint positive line, but trust me I was able to see that other line, that test was equate. Then yesterday and this morning I took another test, step one, both came out negative, have any of you gone through this ? Or a situation like this ? I don't know what to do at this point. Am I pregnant or just thinking I am? I need advice or help please
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
babymamalover84
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

how faint is the line? do you have a picture of it? i know that sounds weird but a faint line is still a positive. make a doctors appointment to be sure...

lifeglow
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Id wait two to three days and test then.
Jessiev1122
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:55 AM
I don't have pictures anymore but I was able to notice the line, I noticed it right away actually bc you can see the blue ink line. But even though I got negatives yesterday and today could I still be ?
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this
You should try a digital test. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MizMellyMac
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

blue dye tests can be wonky. I'd try a pink dye or digi

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like your hormones are all messed up. I suggest not using the patch for a month until you have another period or you have a positive pregnancy test.

Jessiev1122
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Yeah I haven't been on the patch for close to a week now, just incase.. Because I wanna know what's wrong before I apply a new one. But thank you guys !
livingforthem83
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Honestly, it sounds like the first that might have been an evap or false positive. The thing with those birth control patches is that they contain a lot of hormones. If you mess up how you use them they will throw off your period. I used them for exactly a year when I was younger and had the worst hormonal mood swings. Be extra careful with your birth control now on.
Jessiev1122
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Yeah but I think it depends on the type of person you are, my body can handle a lot, I got on the IUD at 16 ! It gave me pain so I had to take it out, the patch was perfect the first month and beginning of second, until I messed up. I guess I'll just have to wait a few more days to find out ! This Saturday will be 3 weeks
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN