Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What made you decide it was time for a baby?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 48 Replies

How did you decide to take such a big step?

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Well we only had 1 and my dd started headstart. She was also 3 1/2 years old and she kept asking why she doesn't have a brother or sister (her cousins have at least 3 siblings)

I felt we could of waited a little longer, but I didn't want my children too far apart. DH and I started ttc then stopped then started again in July and I got pregnant in the last week of Dec =)

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM

awww, Is your DD excited?

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

Well we only had 1 and my dd started headstart. She was also 3 1/2 years old and she kept asking for a brother or sister (her cousins have at least 3 siblings)

I felt we could of waited a little longer, but I didn't want my children too far apart. DH and I started ttc then stopped then started again in July and I got pregnant in the last week of Dec =)

awilliamson
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:29 AM
We got married October 2011 and agreed that once we bought our house (we had been looking for a few months), got all of the new bills in order, and were comfortable with finances - we would start trying. So, April of 2012 we started trying and it took 9, excruciating, months.

Today I hit 27 weeks! I'm due 2 weeks after our 2nd anniversary :)
Lovin_mybaby5
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course! every morning she wakes up, rub my belly, says "good morning" to her brother and asks if today is the day that we can see the baby and she can play with him lol. I think its harder for her to wait b/c I put up all the baby stuff and already had my baby shower (I'm 30weeks)

Quoting mem82:

awww, Is your DD excited?

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

Well we only had 1 and my dd started headstart. She was also 3 1/2 years old and she kept asking for a brother or sister (her cousins have at least 3 siblings)

erinf28
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:32 AM

My daughter had just turned 2 and I hated my birth control. My husband and I decided that I should get off of it. I had read that it takes about a year on average for a woman to get pregnant after stopping it, so we just decided to have fun for a while. It took 6 months for me to get pregnant and by that time my daughter was fully potty trained during the day so we knew it was perfect timing and they will be 3y3m apart by the time this one is due.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM

That is a good age spread. 8)

Quoting erinf28:

My daughter had just turned 2 and I hated my birth control. My husband and I decided that I should get off of it. I had read that it takes about a year on average for a woman to get pregnant after stopping it, so we just decided to have fun for a while. It took 6 months for me to get pregnant and by that time my daughter was fully potty trained during the day so we knew it was perfect timing and they will be 3y3m apart by the time this one is due.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:35 AM

AWESOME!

Quoting awilliamson:

We got married October 2011 and agreed that once we bought our house (we had been looking for a few months), got all of the new bills in order, and were comfortable with finances - we would start trying. So, April of 2012 we started trying and it took 9, excruciating, months.

Today I hit 27 weeks! I'm due 2 weeks after our 2nd anniversary :)

ajohnson08099
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Mmm the second line showed up! Lol my little man is a happy surprise
KPJ
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM
With my first pregnancy.. Dh and I tried for 5 years to have a baby and it didn't work out.. As soon as we stopped trying...I got pregnant...
She is now 20 months old...
For this pregnancy.. It was a surprise... Sooo... No planning at all...it just happened
tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM

My "baby" went to kindergarten.... I had empty nest syndrome lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured