Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

packing hospital i the only one...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
Who doesnt pack a whole bunch of stuff?? Lol.honestly with my 3 kids the only things i brought were an outfit to wear home,slippers,toothbrush,toothpaste,and hair phone goes with me everywere so thats a given. As far as baby i pack a few outfits some mittens so he doesnt scratch his face,car seat,and blanket.i see women with lists with 30 things on them just for them! Idk i must be crazy or something lol.

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM
For my first, I had a list from the Internet that I went by. I then realized that most if the stuff was worthless lol. Now it's just my own clothes, a few toiletries, and some outfits and blankets for baby.
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM

How much more do you really need than that? I'd just add a book to read, or puzzle games... But we are required to stay there for two days.

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM

i just pack what i need, and for the baby i pack diapers, wipes (i like to use my own) clothes, socks, shoes the normal stuff some people just take it way too far

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I pack a robe, slippers or flip flops, stuff to shower with, a brush, underwear, my pillow, a book, my laptop, my phone, and a camera.  I wear home the clothes that I wore there.  For the baby I bring an outfit to wear home and an extra outfit in case there's a diaper blowout on the hour long trip home, a few diapers and wipes, carseat, and a couple of blankets.  DH stays with us and he tends to bring a lot more stuff. lol

When my 3rd baby was born (a repeat c-section), I almost forgot to bring anything. lol  I was getting ready for bed the night before when I realized that I still hadn't packed.  Then after I got in bed I remembered that I still needed to pack for the baby.  Man, I was a mess!  I was so uncomfortable and was starting to have contractions.  I couldn't think about anything but getting it over with. 

by Kathleen on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I've having my baby in a birth center and the average length of stay after baby is born is only 6 hours. So I won't be taking a lot at all.
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I was only going to bring babies stuff then a dress for me to wear home and charger phone and camera... However I found out I have group b so as soon as I start labor I have to stay and be hooked up and get antibiotics soooooo.... If its like my last which lasted appx30 hours I'm thinking I need to find some things to keep me occupied during the first part but I dunno WTH to bring lol... Big tv my blanket I HAVE TO HAVE when I am not feeling good lol it started last year... Anyways... Maybe some paper and pens maybe cards to play... Maybe rent couple movies
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM

My first I packed when they say about. I was pain with having to take things out constantly. My second I packed while in labor. My third I never had to pack since I had a home birth.

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM
My first came early and i didnt have anything packed. I sent my brother to my house with a list. He returned with pretty much nothing from my list lol. Im going to pack early this time. Im not sure what to bring, though.
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM

lmao.....I DON'T pack a lot of stuff and know exactly what you mean. I pack an over night bag for myself and baby and that is about it. This time around I am going to breast feed so I will be bringing my breast feeding supplies but that is it. Nothing more. too much stuff in a small room overwhelms me so I don't care for it. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM

LOL I barely pack anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN