Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

packing hospital bags..am i the only one...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
Who doesnt pack a whole bunch of stuff?? Lol.honestly with my 3 kids the only things i brought were an outfit to wear home,slippers,toothbrush,toothpaste,and hair brush.my phone goes with me everywere so thats a given. As far as baby i pack a few outfits some mittens so he doesnt scratch his face,car seat,and blanket.i see women with lists with 30 things on them just for them! Idk i must be crazy or something lol.

EDIT !!!!WOW FEATURED POST!!! I HAVE BEEN BUSY ALL DAY AND JUST SEEN. TIME TO GET IT STARTED I SUPPOSE :)
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:47 PM
For my first, I had a list from the Internet that I went by. I then realized that most if the stuff was worthless lol. Now it's just my own clothes, a few toiletries, and some outfits and blankets for baby.
tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 3:48 PM

How much more do you really need than that? I'd just add a book to read, or puzzle games... But we are required to stay there for two days.

mileysmom331
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM

i just pack what i need, and for the baby i pack diapers, wipes (i like to use my own) clothes, socks, shoes the normal stuff some people just take it way too far

DigiScrapperMom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I pack a robe, slippers or flip flops, stuff to shower with, a brush, underwear, my pillow, a book, my laptop, my phone, and a camera.  I wear home the clothes that I wore there.  For the baby I bring an outfit to wear home and an extra outfit in case there's a diaper blowout on the hour long trip home, a few diapers and wipes, carseat, and a couple of blankets.  DH stays with us and he tends to bring a lot more stuff. lol

When my 3rd baby was born (a repeat c-section), I almost forgot to bring anything. lol  I was getting ready for bed the night before when I realized that I still hadn't packed.  Then after I got in bed I remembered that I still needed to pack for the baby.  Man, I was a mess!  I was so uncomfortable and was starting to have contractions.  I couldn't think about anything but getting it over with. 

LeapBaby123
by Kathleen on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I've having my baby in a birth center and the average length of stay after baby is born is only 6 hours. So I won't be taking a lot at all.
MrsHill12
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I was only going to bring babies stuff then a dress for me to wear home and charger phone and camera... However I found out I have group b so as soon as I start labor I have to stay and be hooked up and get antibiotics soooooo.... If its like my last which lasted appx30 hours I'm thinking I need to find some things to keep me occupied during the first part but I dunno WTH to bring lol... Big tv my blanket I HAVE TO HAVE when I am not feeling good lol it started last year... Anyways... Maybe some paper and pens maybe cards to play... Maybe rent couple movies
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM

My first I packed when they say about. I was pain with having to take things out constantly. My second I packed while in labor. My third I never had to pack since I had a home birth.

Megan11587
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 5:13 PM
My first came early and i didnt have anything packed. I sent my brother to my house with a list. He returned with pretty much nothing from my list lol. Im going to pack early this time. Im not sure what to bring, though.
Clemency3
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM

lmao.....I DON'T pack a lot of stuff and know exactly what you mean. I pack an over night bag for myself and baby and that is about it. This time around I am going to breast feed so I will be bringing my breast feeding supplies but that is it. Nothing more. too much stuff in a small room overwhelms me so I don't care for it. 

CafeMom Tickers
PEEK05
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM

LOL I barely pack anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured