Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

In need of feedback regarding possible pregnancy!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

confused

I am new to the group, my name is Angela, I have a beautiful little girl DeNae who is 8 and has cerebral palsy (my only child)....My stress is coming from wondering what the probability of me being pregnant is. I ended my menstral on the 14th of this month (July), had intercourse with my bf (we use condoms) same day. On the 23 we had intercourse (during my fertile window), the next day I was taking a bath and felt some irritation in my vaginal area, I reached down and there was a small piece of condom (sorry if too much info!!) I have managed to not get pregnant these past 8 years due to being on birth control, but last year my doctor took me off because of complications with the pill and have decided i can not have any kind of contraception because of seizures that I have and my body rejects anything foreign such as an IUD or Mirana. But today is my ovalation day and I have had a headache all day, and started cramping about an hour ago and having a little more discharge than normal (no smells, no funky color just normal lol). My concern is I know that sperm can travel through the smallest holes in a condom, and that sperm can live inside a women for up to 5 days, when he climaxed there was no pull out method, he stayed in there until he was done, so I am kind of freaking out just because my daughter is due for another surgery and I start a new job in August. I just would like some feedback from you ladies on what you think the chances of me becoming pregnant are?? Thanks gals! Be blessed!

by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Suz_and_Ash
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM

With couples trying to get pregnant, they only have a 20% chance.  I wouldn't stress yet.  Wait and if you miss your period, take a test.

goodmama85
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM

This.

Quoting Suz_and_Ash:

With couples trying to get pregnant, they only have a 20% chance.  I wouldn't stress yet.  Wait and if you miss your period, take a test.

DeNaeMama
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Thanks girls, that is what i am gonna do, just hate the waiting game!

Clemency3
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I know what it is like to not be able to take any birth control due to complications they create. That is my problem so our method of birth control is the pull out method and only got pregnant on that method 1 time out of the 3 children we have in a 9 year span. 

Anyway, it sounds like you could be pregnant. Especially if that condom had ripped (is what it sounds like happened) then yes you could be pregnant. however it is still a little too early to tell. So I would wait another week or 2 before testing just to be sure. Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
DeNaeMama
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks Clemency3, I know I am pretty fertile that is why I stayed on the pill so long, until my body told me no more lol. I conceived my daughter when I lost the V CARD! And that is what I am thinking that it ripped because its only been three days since it but today I am ovulating and cramping and super uncomfortable, normally during my obulation period I had some mild cramps but nothing to this degree, tylenol isnt working and i took a hot bath and still no relief. I have 14 days until my next period, if that doesn't come I will test! Thanks again for the feedback!

Quoting Clemency3:

I know what it is like to not be able to take any birth control due to complications they create. That is my problem so our method of birth control is the pull out method and only got pregnant on that method 1 time out of the 3 children we have in a 9 year span. 

Anyway, it sounds like you could be pregnant. Especially if that condom had ripped (is what it sounds like happened) then yes you could be pregnant. however it is still a little too early to tell. So I would wait another week or 2 before testing just to be sure. Good luck!

Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM

you only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant unprotected...and you wouldn't be feeling symptoms of pregnancy at all yet, so my guess is you might be feeling ovulation or coming down with something.

DeNaeMama
by Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I know I am not getting sick or nothing, normally during my ovulation i have some mild cramping that tylenol knocks out and a good hot bath, I just done that and no relief, but I agree it is too early to tell, and I know that all it takes is one little soldier to get in there, I am just going to play that dredful waiting game and see if Aunt Flo visits me in 14 days! Thanks Larsbug for feedback!

Quoting Larsbug:

you only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant unprotected...and you wouldn't be feeling symptoms of pregnancy at all yet, so my guess is you might be feeling ovulation or coming down with something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)