Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Question...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
  • 14 Replies
Would you be upset if your hubby or SO didn't stay with you in the hospital after you have the baby?
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Princess111201
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

yes i would be upset. but depending on the reason for why he couldnt consistently stay there that would determine if it would be legit or not. you know?

lilmamma1921
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Yes, I would bc I think that is a special time for him and I. Also it's his baby to he should be there for me and the baby.
rjmac88
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Yes. We have other kids and I would still expect him to stay. We are having an out of hospital birth so it's a Non issue... But I would be upset if he left and went out the night after the birth and left me alone
Journeysmama11
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Depends on why. If they get sick because of blood and stuff easily then no...but if they were just not wanting to becuase they wanted to go fishing or play video games then yes! My husband left to get some food during the labor part. Honestly could have cared less if he chose not to be in the room the second time...but we were having a really rough patch in our marriage at the time...but for future kids I want him in there. But if he chose not to because he was just uncomfortable I woudn't care as long as he was AT the hospital. Or I would want him to stay the night unless my mom was there after I had the baby. I feel like I need someone there overnight. So I would expect him to stay at least one night with me. Maybe when I have my third child I woudn't care at all though...

NatyRod
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Yes.. That's such a special moment I wouldn't imagine it without him.
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Well we have only had our second in the hospital and I let him decide what we wanted to do. My sister said she could watch our oldest if he wanted to. He decided to the first night and go home the second night.

tammy_lynne
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM

If he had no good reason to not stay, I would be. 

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Yes. He wouldn't dare and he doesn't want to leave my side anyway. 

Megan.Aber
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Depends. DH didn't stay with me. But we also had a son he needed to be with.
HKing01
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Yeah, unless there was a good reason. When my second son was born DH was going to school at night and he couldn't miss his classes but he was there every minute before and after class, he stayed the night there and everything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)