Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help... Amniotic Fluid or Urine?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm going on 38 weeks tomorrow. I'm hella confused right now. I went to the doctor Monday for my visit and yesterday I got sent to the hospital for a non-stress test, but everything turned out normal, even blood work.

Now my question, since last night I've noticed a few wet spots on my panties and again this morning. Just a while ago I had to do my 24 hour urine collection and had a huge wet spot. Though I didn't even notice it was there until I went to pee. 

How would I know if I'm leaking or not, or if it's just urine? I have to turn in the urine to the lab at 5:30 at the hospital, surely they'll test for leakage, right? 

I'm just lost, my husband insists I call my doctor, but I've went twice this week. I would feel stupid if it turned out to be urine. 

by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DesertDuck
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM

It sounds icky, but try smelling it. No harm in a call to the doc.

mileysmom331
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM

i do that all the time now, im 25 weeks, i done it with my last pregnancy, it was usually urine, but i still called the doctor i would just go ahead and call just to be on the safe side of things with u being 38 weeks and such

krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM
I constantly leak urine. The only true way to know is to have your doctor do a test that checks it.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Its most likely leaky discharge.

mistressflora
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM

i been through this sooo much, if someone tells you "you will keep leaking" thats not true in all cases, my past pregnancy, my water slowly was leaking and then healed. At home ways to find out, this may sound gross, but smell it, does it smell like sugar cookies? if it does then its your water.. this isnt always true either depending on how much.... try putting a pad in just to see what color it is.. clear is water yellowish is urine.... they caN test for leakage, they can do an ultra sound and read the water amount, if that isnt too accurate to them they can do this amino type test where they inject blue dye into your water sack and put a cloth up there and you wait some time take it out and if its blue its leaking...if your water is leaking it can be a serious issue this is why you SHOULD call the doctor, i was in and out a million of times...so they expirence this, and they are suppose to help. its better safe than sorry...I know some people have issues with that amino test, but its pretty safe, it doesnt hurt, and I legit had no choice at that time...(they were ready to induce me at 34 weeks before the test was suggestd) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN