Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5mo and Twins??

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

I already have a 5mo baby boy, and found out that I am pregnant again, and this time with twins! Just sorta wondering what to expect with pregnancy/labor/delivery and one my new little two are here. My last labor didn't go too well, so will that increase my chances of bed rest in the end? How much more tired am I going to be? How much extra weight will I gain? Should I throw another baby shower? Things like that, answers that I can't really find on line. Any advice from opinions or experience?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mileysmom331
by Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM

BUMP!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I've never had twins, but here is a bump

livingforthem83
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Congratulations on the twins!
cruelella2to
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM

personally never had twins but just some basic facts on pregnancy after a pregnancy and also just being they its twins.

First off congrats. Every pregnancy is different so whether its twins or not you could be put on bed rest. Being that its twins you probably will gain more weight twice the babies means the uterus needs twice the room. haveing a baby within the time span that you are a 5 month old and now anothe pregnancy (twins at that) can raise your risk if that is a concnern  bring it up with your OB at your FIRST apt. They will be able to hopefully ease your mind as far as the medical side goes. Twins are always different than carry 1. My friend described to me as trying to carry two watermellons always. doens't matter how each one is they are there its not like with 1 where when they drop pressure is decreased because the other one is still in your lungs

As for "baby showers". man oh man. i struggled with this ideas and it was my 2nd. but what i did find while i googled where some good ways to throw a baby shower without it really being a BABY SHOWER. first wait and find out what your having. if you are having even one that is opposite of what you have now then yeah do it. plus your going to need a double stroller double this double that.

SO you can have a diaper party, your dh can have a "baby shower" its diapers beer and bbq. that way the guys can come hang out and you guys get diapers. a mommy pamper party. all the food and drinks are alcohol and mommy friendly but then everyone can just get pampered and bring cute gifts if they like. ready to pop theme since your having twins. something to do with double (double bubble party) hya ha that would be cute that way everyone knows you need double.

JunkYdMom
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM
First off my twins are 4weeks old but that doesn't mean your experience will be like mine..
I had no medical issues during pregnancy but I was still considered high risk and saw an OB and MFM docter twice a month and more often later on. I was able to deliver mine vaginal sense they were head down.
The more weight you gain the better it is ..I gained 50lb.my twins were 6.8lb and 7.4lb.
I didn't have a shower but I have found you don't need mutilple things....

If you would like to talk twins I'm around...
Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Congrats! My twins are 12 months old.

A twin pregnancy is totally different than a singleton. You will have a lot more doctor appointments and ultrasounds and everything. My friends threw me a baby shower because I was having twins, and I asked for diapers and got a lot. There are some groups here on cafemom for twin mommas so check them out.

czshcecnc
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I had 7 singles then twins. I found out I was expecting when my twins were 5 months. I was very tired and normally when you hit the 2nd trimester its a break for a bit. Not with my twin pregnancy I felt like I was in my 3rd trimester. Once I was 28 wks. I was real uncomfortable and had to take an easy more than I did in my other pregnancies. What a blessing to carry twins. I would love to have twins again although the pregnancy was harder than my single ones. I had my twins at 34 wks. and never had bedrest. They were my easiest babies.

sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:36 AM

You definitely have a lot to talk to your OB about. 

Congrats!

iHEAVENn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:48 AM

I don't have twins, however since your new baby is only 5 months old? I would suggest instead of a baby shower maybe do a welcome shower, or a meet the babies shower.... :) Congrats!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured