Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Anyone else get s*** for not cleaning?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 46 Replies
Since the day I found out I was pregnant I've been nothing but exhausted, nauseas, tons of headaches (1st trimester), followed by exhaustion again, horrible back pain after a full work day, and just plain emotional (2nd trimester) Im now 21 weeks and my boyfriend non stop hounds me about not cleaning the fucking house every day. I work at a dog daycare. From 6:30-3 every day I am non stop cleaning up after dogs, cleaning suites, vacuuming the indoor yards, mopping the indoor yards, wiping down walls, doing dishes, etc. The LAST thing I wanna do when I get home is clean, not to mention by that point my lower back is radiating with pain.

We just had a huge fight because I didn't clean up after dinner right away and when he was done cleaning I didn't thank him. (I cooked the dinner btw) Anyone else in this boat?
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ali_Clarke
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this

We have houskeeper so no, mostly. But just tell him you work just as hard as him or even harder (I don't know his job) and if he wants a clean house, he can clean it and you were not put on this planet to serve him. I hope this helps. Good luck getting this all sorted out.

hspear
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Yep. Been there a couple times lol. I would not suggest doing what I did - I went ahead and cleaned, did whatever he was complaining about, and then when I ended up sick/in pain he felt bad and laid off of me for a while. But both my kids ended up being born with MAJOR problems that have unknown causes, so I wouldn't suggest doing that :-P

Just.1.More
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I feel for you hun about how you been feeling , its just a guy thing, They don't really understand what are body's go through while pregnant. Also my man never got mad about that kinda thing and he always helped out.

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM
He sits at a desk and answers phones all day so I'd say I work just as hard as his job plus him cleaning the house.

Quoting Ali_Clarke:

We have houskeeper so no, mostly. But just tell him you work just as hard as him or even harder (I don't know his job) and if he wants a clean house, he can clean it and you were not put on this planet to serve him. I hope this helps. Good luck getting this all sorted out.

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM
he always helps out he just is having a hard time understanding why after a 9 hour work day and taking care of my 5 year old, I wouldn't wanna clean the house too.

Quoting Just.1.More:

I feel for you hun about how you been feeling , its just a guy thing, They don't really understand what are body's go through while pregnant. Also my man never got mad about that kinda thing and he always helped out.

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM
it's so frustrating. I overwork myself at my job I don't wanna do it at home too.

Quoting hspear:

Yep. Been there a couple times lol. I would not suggest doing what I did - I went ahead and cleaned, did whatever he was complaining about, and then when I ended up sick/in pain he felt bad and laid off of me for a while. But both my kids ended up being born with MAJOR problems that have unknown causes, so I wouldn't suggest doing that :-P

Ali_Clarke
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Tell him you're tired from turning the food you made into his child and making money to support the baby. You don't deserve to do house work after working all day. Good luck!

Quoting marissabrookee:

He sits at a desk and answers phones all day so I'd say I work just as hard as his job plus him cleaning the house.

Quoting Ali_Clarke:

marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM
thanks girl.

Quoting Ali_Clarke:

Tell him you're tired from turning the food you made into his child and making money to support the baby. You don't deserve to do house work after working all day. Good luck!

Quoting marissabrookee:

Quoting Ali_Clarke:

hspear
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Lol I totally get it. I did my 40 hours a week, took care of the home, the kids, etc. All DH had to do was go do his work week. Heaven forbid I ever took a day off lol. In his defense, I don't think he consciously realizes he does it. I've told him before, but he's not known for his memory skills lol.

Take a break, put your feet up, and if he complains, tell him to suck it until he learns how to form a human in his innards :-P

Quoting marissabrookee:

it's so frustrating. I overwork myself at my job I don't wanna do it at home too.

Quoting hspear:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
kurmom
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Me too :( I have had a really hard pregnancy, much different from my first. DH totally doesn't get why I am exhausted and hit bedtime as soon as dd goes to sleep! I stay at home, and I do the basic cleaning. Dishes, sweeping laundry and picking up so its not a crazy mess all the time. Sweeping and mopping KILLS my back, so does vaacuming and DH is starting to be a jerk about it. I'm doing my best while trying not to throw up or cry while chasing around and entertaining a 2 year old. my hormones are so out of whack. I'm 23 weeks and already so done being pregnant!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN