Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Would you do a c section for this reason?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM
  • 52 Replies

My OB wants me to have a c section because my 1st son got stuck on my pelvic bone. DS needed extra oxygen when he was born and he had shoulder distosha(sp) which after a few days he was finally able to move his arm. She says there is a high chance of recurrence and next time the baby may not be so lucky. Now she has me scared if I don't have a c section it could hurt my baby or possible kill my baby from lack of oxygen, but I don't want to have a c section either. I just don't know what to do. Have any of you been faced with this problem? What did you do? What would you do? Thanks

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dark_Horse
by Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Had a c section with my dd due to her heart rate failing now with these twins my OBGYN wants me too do another seeing as I'm high risk pregnancy
rjmac88
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
No I wouldn't. I would research into the positions that reduce that risk. I know the manevour to get babies unstuck gets you on all 4s. So a lot of times they just have moms with history if sticky babies deliver on all 4s.that kind of stuff
Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I didn't have this issue but I've had 2 c-sections...good luck

HKing01
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM
All 3 of my babies were c-sections and my 4th will be too. I was only 20 when I had my first and I was clueless. My doctor convinced me to have a c-section because he thought baby would be too big and get stuck. I wasn't sure about it but gave in when I went past 40 weeks and my belly was so huge. My son turned out to be 9lbs instead of the 10+ lbs they thought he would be. I wish I would have waited a little longer to see what would happen but oh well, I had a healthy baby. Was your son a large baby or is this one going to be a large baby?
jojo_star
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:03 AM

No. I would do research into labor positions that will help open up your pelvis to prevent a repeat. 

lillucky8
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Im not familiar with the situation, but i would personally do a ton of research to see if a csec is really your only option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MacMamaof5
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Hmmm...let's see...were you on your back with your legs propped up?  That's the typical position Doctors have you in, but it restricts the pelvis from opening up, but it is very convenient for the Doctor.  I have delivered on all fours and I tell you, it's a BIG difference.  I personally think each pregnancy/delivery is different from the one before, too.  But do some research on other positions that may be better.  A chiropractor, yoga, or anything would be better than to just accept the word of a doctor who is scaring you into a c*section because they want to be convenienced.

esox
by Silver Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't sound like a convenience thing to me at all! Just remember how scary it was when you had your first baby and he had a hard time breathing. Do you really want to risk that again just because you are scared to have a c-section? No way I would chance something like that.
hopeym23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM

My first ce section was because my DD got stuck on my bone too.  I think if I would not have had the epi and was able to move around I could have had her naturally.  She was also big at 9.1 pounds so that played a factor.  My son was going to be a vbac but the doc told me he would probably be bigger so to go ahead with a second section.  He was 9.14.  My third baby I had no choice since I already had 2 sections.  She was 9.10.  I think I have big babies that are just too big to push out of me!  LOL

cruelella2to
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM

The LD here has a policy if you have EVER had a csection that is your choice they will not give you a chance to go naturally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN