Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

how do you know when ur leaking?

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

TMI but not so TMI cuz ur women!!! lol but im 33w4d and lately i've had more discharge than usual. i literally have to change my panties midday almost everyday, and thats with a pantiliner. have you ladies experienced this. how would i know if im leaking water or if its simply extra discharge?

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Discharge is sticky, goey, and something you can pick up with your fingers. Amniotic fluid (aka water) is just that, watery!
ilovemykids732
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM

if its water, itll be water... not discharge... kwim? water is like pee but doesnt smell like pee, it has no smell...!

imjustme28
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:55 PM

ok i'll keep that in mind, because with that being said, i think its water. i'll def keep an eye on it.

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:53 PM

With my third I was so wet down there. I was wearing a thin pad to help a bit. If you are worried you can talk to your Dr/OB/midwife about it.

It was not pee or my water leaking. It was just I was extra wet down there.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Is it worse when you stand up or change position? If not, it's probably just discharge. Good luck!

imjustme28
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM

sometimes when i move around i will feel it come out. i will def talk to my midwife about it.

Quoting mem82:

Is it worse when you stand up or change position? If not, it's probably just discharge. Good luck!

mommyziegler
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
You will know if it is your water.. If every time you stand up you feel an uncontrollable gush and you don't see anything creamy discharge in your underwear I would assume water.. If you are concerned contact your dr and get it tested to see if it is amniotic fluid. Good luck!
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 29, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I had a lot more discharge at that point in my last pregnancy too. You can always have your doctor test to see if it's amniotic fluid.

mfk3
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Be careful and see your doctor soon. That happened to me. I waited almost 3 days and it was my water. It ruptured, so I was leaking. It didn't break all the way. Go in to make sure there's still enough water and so that you aren't at risk for infection. I had to get a c section because of that but baby was fine....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN