Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

i am going to be induced in 3 weeks

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 10 Replies

i am going to be induced to have my 3 rd son in a lil over 3 weeks the reason being is that i have gestional dieabetes and my body cant break down the sugars and other things that i eat and my dr doesn't want me to go in to labor and try to deliver a big baby boy and i was wondering if anyone has ever had to be induced

by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM
How many weeks are you now? How big are they saying the baby is now? Ultrasounds in the third trimester are not reliable and can be a pound off ether way.

I've been induced before twice and the contractions are so much more powerful than regular contractions.

I've had gd for 3 of 4 of my pregnancies.
nenemarie
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM
i am 35 weeks and he weighs over 5 in half pounds and i am high rish forproblems durning my pregnancies and my last son i had was born at 36 weeks and hes doing great but i am doing what dr tells me what we are doing
mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I have been induced. It's not easy but you'll be okay. Make sure they don't just put you on pitocin. Ask to spend the night with a cervix softener.

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Is your GD not diet controlled? Are you taking medication for it?

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Here's an unbiased source you may find helpful in finding answers about your doctor's suggestion. 

What is the Evidence for Induction or C-Section For A Big Baby?

FarmMom383
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I am in the same boat...getting induced next week because of gd. does it hurt to get induced?  and what is a cervix softener?

Quoting mem82:

I have been induced. It's not easy but you'll be okay. Make sure they don't just put you on pitocin. Ask to spend the night with a cervix softener.

pregnancy calendar
mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:52 PM

The contractions can be stronger with induction. They give you an iv with meds in it. Make sure they start slow. A cervix softener is a cream, gel or pill they place in you, on your cervix and you usually sleep with it in. This helps you dilated and makes your body more inclined to start labor. Pitocin without it is very rough unless you are already dilated to 3 or more.

Don't let them rush the meds. I would talk to your doctor before going it. Make sure he and the nurses at the hospital are all on the same page. Do not let them rupture your water until you are actually in labor. Once your water is broken 1. Everything gets more intense 2. They will push for a c section if you don't progress. You can always stop an induction, (if you stop the meds, your body will stop contracting unless it really has started labor) you can't if they break your bag.

Quoting FarmMom383:

I am in the same boat...getting induced next week because of gd. does it hurt to get induced?  and what is a cervix softener?

Quoting mem82:

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Some of the best things you can do for yourself right now is to be walking and doing squats. Sit on your exercise ball and if you don't have one, go get one. This gets the baby in the right position. It can really help you dilate and it's using gravity to get things going. 8) Even if you are sore, try to do these things as much as possible. Don't make yourself so sore you can't function, but do everything you can beforehand for the best out come.

Quoting FarmMom383:

Quoting mem82:

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 2:56 PM

One more thing! LOL

You are a bit farther along than she is, could you asked to have them strip your membranes? This could send you into labor, no meds needed. 8)

Quoting FarmMom383:

Quoting mem82:

nenemarie
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 5:30 PM
thank you everyone for your suggestions and idea's i most curtently will ask about strip the membranes and my diet is under control i have to check my blood 4x a day and can only eat certin things and watch what seasonings i use when cooking dinner but again thank you everyone keep them coming cause i am terrified of induction i never done the induceing part befor its kinda scary but you8 all are easing my fears thanks again
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN