Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Huggies for girls, Pampers for boys???

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM
  • 84 Replies

So my friend told me when i had my dd that huggies were best for girls and pampers were the best for boys (i guess because of the way they fit or how the held the liquid)

Has anyone else heard this before?

I am about to have my first son and i am VERY excited. What brand do you all suggest for boys or is there really even a difference?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I used pampers for both my girl and boy. They were the only ones that they didn't leak out of, especially as newborns.
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I used Pampers Swaddlers & Cruisers for DS1, Huggies Supreme for DS2 & a mix with DD1 of Swaddlers til 6m (only go to size 3) then Supreme after that.

I think both have pros & cons, no diaper is perfect IMO, I only like Pampers Swaddlers & Huggies Supreme though, no other 'types' of the Pampers or Huggies, I am very picky.

I also only like the new day/night Pampers easy ups, I dont like Huggies Pull ups at all except the overnight ones.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:01 AM

And I should add ^ I have tried a dozen other 'off' brands & dislike them all including Luvs & Target Up & ups too.

mrs.ramirez
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Huggies suck, period.

Pampers suck, as well.

Overpriced junk.

The best diaper is White Cloud sold by Walmart via online only. They are similar to Luvs but actually have better moisture control than Luvs.

You can't beat them...

shortcake82418
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:20 AM

I tried White Cloud a few times and they leaked constantly and the tabs wouldn't stay even after i added my own tape.

Quoting mrs.ramirez:

Huggies suck, period.

Pampers suck, as well.

Overpriced junk.

The best diaper is White Cloud sold by Walmart via online only. They are similar to Luvs but actually have better moisture control than Luvs.

You can't beat them...

CafeMom Tickers
shortcake82418
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:21 AM

I don't think you can go wrong with pampers or huggies...they both worked with my boys. as newborns i had to use huggies b/c they don't have perfume in them which my boys were allergic to. after a couple of months or so they could wear huggies, luvs or pampers. no probs with any of those..luvs is cheaper, but all generic brands of diapers i tried like walmart or price chopper sucked and leaked bad.

AustinRonMommy
by Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:26 AM
I couldn't use huggies for my boys...they peed out of them everytime. But I used pampers for them for years and then switched to luvs...both worked wonderfully.
RhondaVeggie
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:31 AM
I use pampers for both. Swaddlers then Cruisers for my son but now that Swaddlers go to stage 5 I might use them all the way for my daughter.
lesalmi
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:44 AM
i used pampers with my daughter. Every kid is different, i was a luvs and my brother was a huggies kid.
Johlsh
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 6:49 AM
I use pampers for my son, and love them! He never has rashes and they never leak for us at least.
If I have a daughter, (I'm currently pregnant) I will probably use pampers as well
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)