Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

urgent advise

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 9 Replies

im new to the site and im 7 weeks preggers i sspotted while using the rest room but then went again and there was nothing do i go to the doctors or is it a norm thing 

by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
To_the_moon
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Was it red or brown? Are you cramping at all?
CafeMom Tickers
LilliesValley
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Just call your on call doc and see what they want you to do but it's probably fine.

I've been spotting some (and having lots of other issues like contractions) all thanks to a bacterial infection. Not very fun and I'm on bed rest. But I also have a cerclage in and that makes the whole cervix weaker/stronger and more prone to bleeding and fun stuff.

Bottom line is it doesn't hurt to call your doc. And at your next visit see if you can get a prep sheet of things to call on. For example mine is if I have 4 or more contractions an hour for two hours or more, bleeding or spotting (mroe than I've had), etc.

jojo_star
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:52 PM

It's normal. If it was just once, I wouldn't go to the doctor, but you can, if you feel like you need to. 

nenemarie
by on Jul. 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I WOULD GO IN TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OKAY WISH YOU THWE BEST
Nynnie
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:02 AM
I think u should call ur dr. Good luck :) it's not entirely uncommon to have some spotting in ur pregnancy, but it wouldn't hurt to make sure everything is ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Spotting is normal. Cramping is normal. Spotting and cramping TOGETHER is when you worry. Also, this early on, if you were losing it (I'm not saying you are!), there's nothing they can do, anyway, so there's no point in going in.
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 29, 2013 at 12:30 AM

It can be normal. There's nothing the doctor can do for you whether it's normal or not, though. Just relax for now!

sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Very normal, and there's nothing they can do.

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 29, 2013 at 2:42 AM

It can be normal to spot during early pregnancy. If it continues to happen, I would call your doctor. You don't need to go in though. If you have bad cramping or start bleeding more heavily, call your doctor right away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN