Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Help! I'm assaulting my husband in my sleep!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • 11 Replies

So... The last couple nights have been interesting, to say the least. I keep having these extremely vivid dreams, so real that I wind up tackling my husband (twice!!) or roughly grabbing his face. I wake up the moment he shouts out in surprise, and I feel utterly embarassed and pretty sorry!

I'm 29 1/2 weeks pregnant with our 2nd child, and I've never had this happen before, pregnant or not pregnant. Has anyone else ever had this happen?

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Frenchbebe
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi.  My husband does this to me sometimes.  Nothing rough, one time he was poking me asking me for a sandwich.  Another time he was trying to swat bugs in his sleep.  Another time he said something was falling on him and he was trying to stop it.  He usually wakes up when I talk to him and then goes back to sleep.  It doesn't happen all the time.  And it's really funny when it does.  I have no idea why it happens. Just thought you would like to know you are not the only one.  P.S.  My husband is not pregnant. :)

Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Lol! What are the dreams about? Are they like night terrors? 

19greeneyesmoma
by Angel on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Lol.. This is my second pregnancy and like you I have never done this before. But I did the same thing, except I wasnt dreaming I just happened to roll over and like hit hubby in the face but it really wasnt hard just shocked my hubby as well, and then another time I went to stretch and scratched him in the face. Oww. I think thats why he sleeps on the couch sometimes.. I dont know if its because here lately I have been having trouble sleeping, waking up ten times at night to go pee.. I just feel really bad when it happend as well. But what can you do..

CafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Poor guy. Hopefully this is just a stage and you will be sleeping peacefully soon.

MichelleH86
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:06 PM
I have crazy vivid dreams as well! I havent hurt my husband (to my knowledge), but I've done my fair share of screaming and crying
MamaDurff
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Lol, thank you. I'm glad I'm not alone. DH sometimes talks in his sleep; I think it's pretty funny.

Quoting Frenchbebe:

Hi.  My husband does this to me sometimes.  Nothing rough, one time he was poking me asking me for a sandwich.  Another time he was trying to swat bugs in his sleep.  Another time he said something was falling on him and he was trying to stop it.  He usually wakes up when I talk to him and then goes back to sleep.  It doesn't happen all the time.  And it's really funny when it does.  I have no idea why it happens. Just thought you would like to know you are not the only one.  P.S.  My husband is not pregnant. :)

MamaDurff
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

The first time, I'm sure I was being attacked in my dream, which is why I tackled DH twice, lol. But I can't remember any kind og details. When I grabbed his face, it's because I dreamed we were on a huuuuge couch, and he was going to fall off the arm of it, so I reached out and grabbed him to save him, lol.

Quoting Pandapanda:

Lol! What are the dreams about? Are they like night terrors? 

MamaDurff
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:41 AM

That is what I did in my first pregnancy. I ended up getting two body pillows and sticking them between us. Usually I'd cuddle the body pillow, and that would keep me on my side of the bed.

Quoting 19greeneyesmoma:

Lol.. This is my second pregnancy and like you I have never done this before. But I did the same thing, except I wasnt dreaming I just happened to roll over and like hit hubby in the face but it really wasnt hard just shocked my hubby as well, and then another time I went to stretch and scratched him in the face. Oww. I think thats why he sleeps on the couch sometimes.. I dont know if its because here lately I have been having trouble sleeping, waking up ten times at night to go pee.. I just feel really bad when it happend as well. But what can you do..

MamaDurff
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I told my husband that I scream in my dreams when stuff starts to go downhill to wake myself up. :P

Quoting MichelleH86:

I have crazy vivid dreams as well! I havent hurt my husband (to my knowledge), but I've done my fair share of screaming and crying

smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I once was running in a dream, and ran head first into a beam in my house, in the living room. Yup. I was running full speed through my house while asleep. I can only imagine how funny that must have looked.
I was trying to run out the door. So I'm sure if that beam had not been there I would have been out in the neighborhood wandering around half naked.
I sleep walk when I am stressed. And I don't just walk around. I do things. I open doors, turn on lights, talk.

I'm all out creepy.

Night terrors can be bad. Especially if you happen to turn on the stove.. walk out the door.. or attempt to drive your car.

But I'm thinking with you, since this isn't a normal occurence, it is probably just more vivid dreams due to pregnancy. A temporary problem. ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN