Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No One in My Delivery Room!

Posted by   + Show Post

My first birth I invited my whole family. What a disaster! Here are a few things that ruined it! :

- My mom basically pushed my husband out of the way to help hold my leg during delivery then complained later that he didn't help.

- My hubby wanted to cut the cord (it was a special moment), then my Mom cut it again after him (so wierd).  It totally ruined the it for my hubby, it was suppose to be HIS moment not hers..

- My Mom held the baby after me, then my sister.  When my Hubby asked to hold the baby since it was HIS child, my sister gave him a dirty look and relcutantly handed him over.  If anything they should offered for him to hold the baby first instead of stealing him away.

Afterwards all they could talk about was how my husband didn't help and how nervous he was, what a horrible guy!  Basically it ruined everything for me and I will never have anyone in there again.  My man was very sweet during the delivery, never left my side and video taped the whole thing.  He was very nervous because he was worried for me. For some reason my family wanted to create drama and gossip for no reason and I told them to go to hell and leave me alone so I could enjoy my son and wonderful husband.

Whew!  Long story short,

My second birth (girl),  I invited nobody and my hubby was there the whole time and cut the cord etc....  It was the best day ever.

This has nothing to do with what any of you, or what you should do. I'm sure other people have very supportive families.  I just never expected MY family to be the MONSTER in laws. LOL This time it will be the same as my daughter, NO One Allowed!

Mommy of two, third on the way!

www.parent2u.com

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
VintageWife
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:21 PM

OMGosh...I don't know why you didn't tell the nurses to make her leave at the first sign of craziness!

Nee86
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

Agreed. Just don't say anything when you go on to labor. If someone says anything, just say you went in to labor and had the baby really fast and there was no time to call.
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow, it is really too bad they had to go and ruin things like that. I'm glad you stood your ground the next time though.
Allinaday
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I couldn't really stand up for myself or husband because I was in too much pain and wasn't talking or responding to anything. It wasn't till the next day that I had the energy to start cracking the whip. it was a long hard labor.

Quoting VintageWife:

OMGosh...I don't know why you didn't tell the nurses to make her leave at the first sign of craziness!

xsmum
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I dont blame you. Lol I had 6 people with my first. I only planned 3. But my grandma had to be there, my mom, my sister, then my ex boyfriend, his mother and his 15 year old sister lets just say she doesn't want kids any time soon. I'm lucky everyone knew there place and knew not get out of line, and thank god to kangaroo care because I got hold him first hour then second hour my son had to get checked and clean. In that time I told everyone who got to hold him next and no fighting or you will leave.
xsmum
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I dont blame you. Lol I had 6 people with my first. I only planned 3. But my grandma had to be there, my mom, my sister, then my ex boyfriend, his mother and his 15 year old sister lets just say she doesn't want kids any time soon. I'm lucky everyone knew there place and knew not get out of line, and thank god to kangaroo care because I got hold him first hour then second hour my son had to get checked and clean. In that time I told everyone who got to hold him next and no fighting or you will leave.
ilovemykids732
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM

LOL... my first child, was with my ex... He didnt help much because of my mother... she did the same things your mother did by pushing him out of the way... although HE cut the cord... but she didnt let him NEAR me as I was giving birth... it really bothered me...

My second child [different father, my now DH] my MIL wanted to be in the room with us... so we let her be... [DH was reluctant because he does NOT get along with his mother at all...] but they were both in there... she was also pushing my DH out of the way... and tending to my every need... DH was so annoyed... I thought he was going to kick her out of the room...

THIS time, the baby I am carrying DH wants to be the only one in the room... but MIL keeps telling me she is GOING to be... and DH doesnt need to be there; she will do everything like she did last time... but I NEED my DH there... He is my bestfriend... I dont want her in the room...

Navix
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Totally thought about just not calling but I know the guilt would set in! The problem is that she's so excited about it and means really well and has been helping us out a ton with a lot of baby stuff, but that shouldn't make us feel obligated to have her in the room...maybe it's part of her master plan! LOL. Thanks for the advice...it may come down to this!

Quoting LoveOfWisdom:

There's no rule stating that you have to call anyone when you go into labor ;)  Just don't call.

Quoting Navix:

ADVICE NEEDED!! I'm in a bit of a pickle and was so happy to find this post! Here's the deal...my husband and I both just want it to be us in the delivery room, we are having our first baby in November and just want it to be a special moment between the two of us. However, his mom is very adament about being in there with us. We've already informed her that we just want it to be the two of us but she is insistent upon being in the room. My mom is totally cool with it just being the two of us (then again she has like 10 grandbabies!), but she said if my MIL is in there then she'll definitely be in there! The problem is, we've already told my MIL that we just want it to be the two of us but she is adament about being in there. How can we get this through to her in a nice way? My husband tried to put his foot down and we even discussed just telling the nurses not to let her in, but we know her and she'll somehow find a way into that delivery room! What happend was my SIL let her and my FIL in the delivery room so they just assumed we would want them in there too. I just see this turning out very badly, like it could be a warzone in there, but we don't want to be on bad terms.\ with them because they're so excited. HELP PLEASE!!

FinchsMommy
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM
With my first I had both my mom and husband for labor, but only DH for delivery. My ILs showed up and whisked him away for a couple of hours while I was in a VERY long labor.

Unfortunately, for my upcoming delivery my mom may not be available to help due to her taking care if my ailing grandfather. So, hopefully my DH will be available. If not, I'll be calling a friend to be with me. Thankfully, my ILs will have moved away for I deliver so I don't have to deal with MIL squealing in the hall way as soon as she hears LO cry for the first time. Classic narcissist. And no it wasn't her first GK.
kaylaybaby666
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM
My mom and hubby was with me. My mom because it was my first. He didnt cut the cord, he was all nauseous and crap
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)