Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Morning sickness anyone?*nothing is working*

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM
  • 18 Replies

This past week I started to get morning sickness. It is isolated in the mornings to about 3pm everyday. How are you coping with it? Ginger ale doesn't work, small meals dont work, what else can I try?

UPDATE: so far nothing is working. The very second i eat or drink anything i throw it up. i have found a way to get some nutrition to the baby, and thats to eat right after i throw up. it gives it enough time to digest before it comes up again. I just ordered the preggie pops. something has to give. this is taking away from my life! My mouth and lips are so dry and I have very dark circles under my eyes and the worst headache. My house is a mess, my laundry has built a mountain, my precious kids have been awesome, but I feel terrible for them having to hang out in my room (because its close to the bathroom). I hope this doesn't last much longer! I was only like this with my oldest dd. Both ds' were a breeze!

by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babygirl3796
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM
crackers and 7 up or sprite thats what worked for me.
besosfantasies
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:10 PM

crackers. bland, bland, bland food. Anything that you can tolerate basically. Soups, etc.

I need to eat every 2/3 hours or else I feel nauseous.

amylou111
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I think thats what i am going to have to do-eat every 2-3 hours-that makes sense because the nausea starts off as slight hunger, then it goes into nausea then if i throw up its just acid. i just brought up more crackers and water to eat in the morning. i need to get this under control. there is nothing more tormenting than being nauseous.

Quoting besosfantasies:

crackers. bland, bland, bland food. Anything that you can tolerate basically. Soups, etc.

besosfantasies
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Well then, there you go :) You're just like me. In fact, that's how I found out I was pregnant by that very symptom lol! I though it was my sugar dropping, which it kind of does, but eating helps it. Take a moment to browse the store and look at foods. I literally have to stand there and think about it lol. Do I want campbells soup, or progresso?

Fruit & veggies help me more than anything. Salads, apples, oranges, bananas, etc.

Quoting amylou111:

I think thats what i am going to have to do-eat every 2-3 hours-that makes sense because the nausea starts off as slight hunger, then it goes into nausea then if i throw up its just acid. i just brought up more crackers and water to eat in the morning. i need to get this under control. there is nothing more tormenting than being nauseous.

Quoting besosfantasies:

NatyRod
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 9:53 PM
They should call it "all day sickness".. Lol.
Had horrible nausea from week 6 till about week 16.. I'm now 21 wks thank God
Can't tell u much besides try to eat small freaquent meals. Hope it eases soon. :/
matthew314
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I had really bad morning sickness actually wasn't able to keep anything down for 24 hours. We had to go to the er. Come to find out I had an UTI they gave me zofran that melts under my tounge. before that I would use peppermints and or spearmints they helped a lot. Other moms had told me about something called preggie pops they say they work. No store near me carries them so I haven't tried them. I also would try some jello or popcicle. The drs also told me to try to stay away from meats and veggies. Try some peanut butter on crackers and soup that's something my hubby read. Also if you can I had the dr on call tell me a few days ago if you can take vit b6 and unisom. I guess the b6 helps with morning sickness and the unisom will help you sleep through it. He told me take it twice a day. I only take the unisom at night cause I have three others. By the way I'm 9 weeks. Good luck I hope some of this helps you.
jojo_star
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I'm 13 weeks, and my morning sickness hasn't let up since it started around 3/4 weeks. No regular cures help, I'm on phenergan, but that isn't working as well as it used to. I just want to quit and lay down, sleep, and wake up not pregnant. I've thrown up three times tonight, and my stomach and head are both on fire from dry heaving. 

Anyway, ignore my rant about 'all day sickness'. There are a ton of natural, home remedies you can try, lemon, hard candy, soda, one of my friends drank a sip of beer every time she got nauseated and it did wonders for her. If you know when it happens, just try to distract your body around that time. If you can't stand it, talk to your doctor about getting some anti-emetics, but try to keep that as a last resort. Good luck!

SoInLove515
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM
peppermint tea helps me a little bit. I have night sickness.
Princess111201
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:22 PM

saltines. i noticed anything that has a good amount of salt in it helped. i dont have morning sickness anymore but i have had a few times lately when i feel kind of queasy. and i just eat something with salt. how far along are you?

sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Small meals more often are said to be helpful. That didn't work for me.

These were amazing for me:

Preggie PopsMorning Sickness Relief

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN