Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Early labor??

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM
  • 9 Replies
I have been in and out of the hospital since Monday night. My dilation went from nothing to 1 centimeter in a day. However my contractions are still very irregular. I know that the hospital told me to keep hydrated because that can cause Braxton hicks to be more regular or something. However I've been doing that as well. I took a shower earlier and had to call for my fiancé to help me out and make sure I made it to the bed. I was crying. It lasted 5 minutes then I decided to lay down and after quite a bit of discomfort I fell asleep for 2 hours. I mean the pain is definitely getting stronger but it's still so inconsistent.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ninjakids
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:55 AM
I didnt have consistent contractions until I was about 8cm with ds2. Walk, walk,walk!.
Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I've never ever had anything close to regular contractions, and i'm on baby #3 now. 

Princess111201
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:06 AM

were there other signs that made you think you were in labor if the contractions were really irregular?

Quoting ninjakids:

I didnt have consistent contractions until I was about 8cm with ds2. Walk, walk,walk!.

ninjakids
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:09 AM
My water broke the night before lol. I was in the hospital and they had to give me pitocin to get them strong and regular (I couldnt even feel them and it was only every third contraction that was a actual strong/steady one)

Quoting Princess111201:

were there other signs that made you think you were in labor if the contractions were really irregular?

Quoting ninjakids:

Princess111201
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:13 AM

oh haha. honestly i keep waiting for something like that to happen. im just at a loss at this point, because ive had contractions on and off since last tuesday, but i didnt really start talking to a doctor about it until monday because thats when i had my check up. and the reason i brought it up was because i started noticing other symptoms along with it, not just contractions.

Quoting ninjakids:

My water broke the night before lol. I was in the hospital and they had to give me pitocin to get them strong and regular (I couldnt even feel them and it was only every third contraction that was a actual strong/steady one)

Quoting Princess111201:

Quoting ninjakids:

ninjakids
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:35 AM
Have you had your membranes stripped?

Quoting Princess111201:

oh haha. honestly i keep waiting for something like that to happen. im just at a loss at this point, because ive had contractions on and off since last tuesday, but i didnt really start talking to a doctor about it until monday because thats when i had my check up. and the reason i brought it up was because i started noticing other symptoms along with it, not just contractions.

Quoting ninjakids:

Quoting Princess111201:

Quoting ninjakids:

Princess111201
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:56 AM
You mean my water?? No. At this point it really feels like I'm on my own because when I have gone to the hospital since Monday night they don't really tell me much nor do they really even seem all that concerned or interested in what I'm saying or what I'm feeling. So idk.

Quoting ninjakids:

Quoting Princess111201:

Quoting ninjakids:

Quoting Princess111201:

Quoting ninjakids:

ninjakids
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:34 AM
It helps to break your water :))

Quoting Princess111201:

You mean my water?? No. At this point it really feels like I'm on my own because when I have gone to the hospital since Monday night they don't really tell me much nor do they really even seem all that concerned or interested in what I'm saying or what I'm feeling. So idk.

Quoting ninjakids:

Quoting Princess111201:

Quoting ninjakids:

Quoting Princess111201:

Quoting ninjakids:

Princess111201
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:41 AM
Yeah that's what I've been told. But I just idk what to do. I'd honestly rather just be at the hospital at this point. I just idk what to do because I can't keep track of the contractions but I know I'm having them just because there will be times where I am in a lot of pain and then after it subsides ill just have like a discomfort. :(

Quoting ninjakids:

It helps to break your water :))

Quoting Princess111201:

Quoting ninjakids:

Quoting Princess111201:

Quoting ninjakids:

Quoting Princess111201:

Quoting ninjakids:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)