kristen bell redbookKristen Bell seems to be on Cloud 9 -- and not just because she recently reunited with old friends to shoot the big screen version of Veronica Mars. She's also loving being a new mama to baby girl Lincoln. Loves it so much in fact that she's not willing to drive herself crazy to drop the baby weight ASAP.

Late last week, Kristen tweeted, "I’m proud to sit out thebaby weight rat race. ... I like my Lincoln Leftovers because they’re proof I did something extraordinary. I gave life to my new BFF & she gave me a comical amount of midsection skin." HAA! Good for her! And just 11 weeks after her daughter was born, Kristen shot pics for the September issue of Redbook and admitted thatshe’s 15 pounds heavier than her pre-pregnancy weight. But she's more than okay with that!

Kristen went on to explain:

I’m going to continue working out and see where it goes. I’d like to get back down to where I was before the baby ... But if this is where my body wants to be, so be it. I’m not going to make myself miserable for the rest of my life trying to get back to where I was before. ... I refused to worry about [pregnancy weight gain] I could not change, and I still refuse.

AMEN! All too often, new moms -- not to mention new moms who make a living in the spotlight! -- seem to go to war with themselves to get down to their pre-baby weight or even thinner than that. Sadly, some seem to go to extremes (diet pills, restrictive diets, obsessive working out) with a goal of being what they were in college or at their wedding. And why? For what? Who cares if the weight comes off in six months or two years? Why not take your time, do it right, and be happier at the same time? Like Kristen says, being so stringent and crazed is only going to serve to make you stressed and completely miserable! Which, uh, isn't exactly conducive to healthy weight loss.

That said, Kristen definitely has the right idea about how to go about healthy post-baby weight loss. There's no rush. She's focused on what she's supposed to be focused on right now. And I'm convinced that relaxed, positive, pragmatic approach will most definitely, ultimately translate to a happy, healthy mama.

What do you think about Kristen Bell's approach to paring the postpartum pounds?

Image via Redbook