Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Is deciding on a name always this difficult?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 21 Replies

I am 7 months pregnant with my first.  DH has two boys.  This baby is a girl.  We have had a really hard time coming up with a name.  Everything he likes I'm neutral on and everything I like he's neutral on.  I feel like we should have a name by now.  Or atleast have it narrowed down.  Is it always this hard?  He didn't have such a hard time with his boys. 

What are some good names for a girl?

We are considering Addalynn, Madalynn, Isabelle, Annabelle.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rjmac88
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:34 AM
We had a very difficult time with our sons name but no issue at all with the girls. One of the big things we do is always keep our eyes open... We watch a movie... Read the names in the credits... That kind of thing. That's what we always did... Just kept our ears and eyes open. My son we ended up getting from the credits on psych! My fourth baby we got from Sparticus. Heard the name and just loved it
rjmac88
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh and don't be afraid to just throw ANYTHING out there! You don't know what will just sound right or could be tweaked! This baby's middle name is Diane. My husband suggested Diana because its wonder woman's name! The syllables didn't work with her first name so we took the A off. And tada! First and middle name picked!
JustDG
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:55 AM

With my oldest it was just me, so I chose her name (as well as a boys name if she would have been a boy) by around 6 months.  With my one year old we knew we were naming her after one of the bf's best friends who had passed away a few months before we found out we were pregnant, I gave her my favorite Aunt's name as a middle name.  With this one I am having a harder time...I dont have any names that really "mean" anything to me.

CelestialSong
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Not always. Some people name their babies before they're even conceived! But it's hard for me and my husband to pick names too :) I'm about 24.5 weeks and by this time with my daughter we had already decided on her first name, but this time around we've hardly even talked about names. And this one is a surprise so we're going to need at least one boy and one girl name! I'm guessing we'll end up with just a list of names and make the decision once the baby is born.

BeccaJoy622
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant and we're still not sure on the name yet. We're in the same boat, he likes it, I don't. I like, he doesn't. We *think* we've decided, but we're going to wait to see our little man before we make the final decision.

Gingerbell.RN
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I'm 35 weeks and JUST chose my son's middle name. I'm still not 100% sure though.
vdpfing1231
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM
My husband and I couldn't agree on names so before we found out what we were having we made the deal that if it was a girl I chose the name and if it was a boy he chose. But our daughter is being named after my mother, stepmother, and mother in law. So he's actually ok with the name for the most part.
sm12
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:55 PM

We had a super hard time with my son and this time it seems even worse because now we have my son's name as a base.  You see are Indian but Christians and both hubby and I have unique names that are not Indian.  We wanted names that would fit with our last name whcih is a typical Indian name but the first names should not be too English or American like max, John, etc, we woud like it to be somewhat unique but neither too Indian sounding so this makes it hard.  I personally don't believe in naming baby until i have seen baby.  I feel it is a huge responsibility to name another being for the rest of their lives. With my son it was so easy to have a list of girl names but boys was harder. Of the five boy names we had when I saw my son I immediately thought he doesn't look like any of them.  So we decided on a name two days after he was born.  This time we have no clue and I am 22 weeks pregnant.  We keept telling family and familys we are open to suggestions but not one person has given any :(  For girl names I really liked the following: Aria, Ela, Raina, Olivia, Arielle or Ariella, Anaya, Maya, Sage, Senia.

MamaSarah1104
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:59 PM
I'm 39 weeks 5 days... Still no name we both love lol. My first was easy we both fell in love with her name early on. The second was easy because hubby wanted a junior I drug my feet and then he suggested another then I decided it was more important to him to have a hr than for me not to so I to him I would leave the choice up to him, he picked his other choice because he fell in live with it hava
FarmMom383
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:03 PM
We had a hard time coming up with a name as well. One night my SO was just sitting there and said "Sadie". I'm like what? He goes I want to name her Sadie. I fell in love with name. I tried so hard researching names and found none. A name will come to u. My sister never named n e of her 5 till after they were born.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)