Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So mat at H don't even want him at delivery--Update

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

After 10 years with eachother I am so sad that this may be it. We've a 2yo son and DD will be here on Monday. Our family has dealt with so much these last nine months...moving, new career, $ issues, car problems etc. He has been so selfishly unsupportive of this pregnancy. Never asking about dr visits, how I'm feeling or even stepping foot in DD's room. He said I freak him out and that he is creeped out by me and my belly. He doesn't even look at me. We went to Hosp. 2 weeks ago for false labor and he embarrased me to no end end with his surly and grumpy behavior. I am just so sad that this is happening. I don't know what more I can do to try and make him happy with me again. It is so hard being in a one sided relationship with a man who was once so good, kind, attentive, caring and in love with me. I would've laid down my life for him once but now he just hurts my feelings with his attitude.

When he came home from work today, I had DS at MIL's. We talked. He independantly addressed every single one of my issues with him and says we will try harder to make this work. I hope it does work.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mmr520
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Any sympathetic CMs?
rozenshyao
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:26 PM

wow...have you thought of going to marriage couseling or something? I'm sorry that things aren't going well for you especially when you're pregnant. :( 

Larsbug
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM

have you tried asking him what's wrong? sometimes men need that little nudge to get to talk. 

mmr520
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:44 PM
He doesn't want to go to counseling. I think we really need it, but he doesn't see it as a need. Thanks though.

Quoting rozenshyao:

wow...have you thought of going to marriage couseling or something? I'm sorry that things aren't going well for you especially when you're pregnant. :( 

mmr520
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Whenever I ask him to talk he just smart mouths me and rolls his eyes. Otherwise he is silent. He won't talk to me. I know things are hard for him, for us but his defensive attitude makes me feel like a monster.

Quoting Larsbug:

have you tried asking him what's wrong? sometimes men need that little nudge to get to talk. 

funhappymom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Consider going alone. If nothing else, you can work out your feelings.

Quoting mmr520:

He doesn't want to go to counseling. I think we really need it, but he doesn't see it as a need. Thanks though.

Quoting rozenshyao:

FarmMom383
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM
I agree

Quoting funhappymom:

Consider going alone. If nothing else, you can work out your feelings.

Quoting mmr520:

Quoting rozenshyao:

Pandapanda
by Amber on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

When the hospital asks you after birth if you're in an abusive relationship, I hope you hae the heart to answer them truthfully. YOu are in an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship.

mmr520
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I am so scared of the repercussions of answering truthfully. I know the man I married 10 years ago isn't the one I live with now, but I want to work things out. He's never hurt me physically, but I know that emotional abusive can be more destructive. Thank you for the support. I hope maybe they can line us up with counseling or something.

Quoting Pandapanda:

When the hospital asks you after birth if you're in an abusive relationship, I hope you hae the heart to answer them truthfully. YOu are in an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)