Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure if I'm still pregnant **Update**

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM
  • 12 Replies

**Update!!!**

After over a week of no symptoms, nausea is back with a vengence!  Yesterday was the worst it had ever been and today...well TMI but I threw up and I have an iron stomach, I never throw up!  Never did with DD and only once with DS.  So, I feel like "yay!  I feel awful again!"  Sort of weird, but it does give me reassurance.

**Original Post**

I haven't been spending much time in here this time...This pregnancy hasn't been anything like my other two.  I am 8.5 weeks and have barely any symptoms at all, and as crazy as it sounds I wish I were sicker!  With my first pregnancy I was tired all the time and had major food aversions, couldn't eat anything, and my face broke out awful.  With my second I wasn't as tired, but even more nauseous.  I lost 10 lbs in the first 12 weeks because I couldn't eat.  This time, I was really tired at the beginning, had a little nausea...and now it's all gone.  My boobs aren't even sore.  I took another home test today and it still showed positive but I'm afraid I am losing this baby.  I go to my first appointment in two weeks (I'm using a midwife) but I expect to not end up needing to go.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I was like that too, but I'm now 17 weeks pregnant. Try not to stress. I had more symptoms with my daughter, but both boys have been almost symptom free. It doesn't mean something's wrong, it could be that you just got lucky ths time around :-)
MacMamaof5
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I've gone thru this.  Even took pregnancy tests after it was confirmed by Doctor.  Just didn't have any symptoms, felt empty.  It'll pass when that baby belly begins to show...and even sometimes then, you'll wonder why you feel no movement.  Think positive.

jmower
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Hey! I would just wait and go to your midwife appointment. Every pregnancy can be so different. I am on my fourth and this one has been completely different than my previous three, but everything is ok. I know that when you haven't seen a doctor or m idwife yet you always hope and wonder and also become a little paranoid, at least I do, but try to stay positive and think that this pregnancy is just a little different! Good luck to you and well wishes!!

Larsbug
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:46 PM

every pregnancy is different and there is no reason to worry yet. 

Babyhouston2B
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Hey I'm feel like I could idk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:52 PM
This is my second pregnancy and a girl. I am 32 weeks now and havent puked or anything since the firsr trimester. With my son, i was a hot mess. It feels great to be able to enjoy this pregnancy and it has flown.by.
marissabrookee
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I didn't have any symptoms with either pregnancy til I was at least 10 weeks. be greatful!
mem82
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I felt the same way with my fourth. I was really tired, but I never got sick, sick.

Megara
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Thanks everyone but I am trying to be realistic so I won't be devestated.  I've had a girl and a boy, so I can't think of any reason for this one to be so unlike the others.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Twix.Leigh
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I understand how you feel. Both my boys were polar opposites. And this time, in just nauseous, which I've been for longer then I've been pregnant due toa migraine. Its scary, and i thought for sure that going to my ultrasound the other day they wouldn't find anything, or it wouldn't have a heartbeat. But its there, and beating.
With both my boys, until 7 weeks i was sick sick sick! And then i found out why, and it got worse. This time, i only tested cause i had a weird dream where the test i took 2 weeks prior went from negative to positive. But symptoms haven't gotten worse, and i certainly don't feel pregnant.
I get being realistic, but don't get yourself worked up because its not like either of your prior ones. my mom has six, and not a single one was alike. :)

Quoting Megara:

Thanks everyone but I am trying to be realistic so I won't be devestated.  I've had a girl and a boy, so I can't think of any reason for this one to be so unlike the others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)