• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want t tell anyone about this pregnancy

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:57 PM
  • 18 Replies
I had decided August first was the day to tell my family but now I just don't want to. They are against people having more than two kids especially if you have a boy and a girl which we do. They asked my last pregnancy if I was getting my tubes tied and stated we don't need anymore. They say we can't afford it. They don't pay our bills, we live on our own, they never babysit our kids because I live far away so I'm not sure
Why they feel that way. We are good parents and our kids are happy and healthy and my oldest practically begs for more siblings.

I just don't want to even tell them. I'm 10 weeks and 1 day I could wait a little longer but I'm ready to share on Facebook with friends.

Dh parents know and of course aren't happy but I don't have to deal with them so I don't really care they hate me and were the same way te other times
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Megalicious27
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:04 PM
U should be able to enjoy kt. Just tell them and get it over with. It sucks they feel that way but theres nothing they can do know. Your blessing is on the way, which congrats by the way! I feel like even if u wait one or even two more months or tomorrow they will still be unhaopy so get the negative over with and enjoy the rest friend with your positive support system. Good luck!
Larsbug
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM

just tell them anyway and then tell them to get over themselves...they don't pay your bills, so how do they know what you can afford. Who cares if they aren't happy, all that matters is that you and your DH are happy.

his88angel
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM

screw what other ppl think. My mil ruined my last pregnancy and made me feel horrible. This one i dont care if anyone says anything i am happy my dh is happy the rest can just deal with it. ITs your life if they dont like it tell them you dont care. Use them hormones lol

mem82
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Yup! We have four, and a boy and girl first so most in my family wanted us to stop. We just ignored them.

Quoting Larsbug:

just tell them anyway and then tell them to get over themselves...they don't pay your bills, so how do they know what you can afford. Who cares if they aren't happy, all that matters is that you and your DH are happy.

esox
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:28 PM

How many times are you going to post about not wanting to tell them before you actually tell them? or don't tell them. Post away on fb! Their reactions are not going to be any worse if they hear it from your mother or if they hear it from another family member or friend that saw it on fb. If they are going to react negatively then they will no matter how you do or do not tell them. 

Rockabella
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I don't want to talk to my grandparents about it or tell them in person because they constantly criticize me. I'd rather my mom tell them and then just avoid their phone calls til they cool off. I am just super stressed out about it and I don't really have many close friends I could turn to. Only two of my friends know. It just sucks that they can't be supportive and is hurtful

Quoting esox:

How many times are you going to post about not wanting to tell them before you actually tell them? or don't tell them. Post away on fb! Their reactions are not going to be any worse if they hear it from your mother or if they hear it from another family member or friend that saw it on fb. If they are going to react negatively then they will no matter how you do or do not tell them. 

Rockabella
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Lol I need to embrace my hormones but I'm so bad at being cofrontational with people. I never know what to say until after the conversation ends then I think of something lol.

Quoting his88angel:

screw what other ppl think. My mil ruined my last pregnancy and made me feel horrible. This one i dont care if anyone says anything i am happy my dh is happy the rest can just deal with it. ITs your life if they dont like it tell them you dont care. Use them hormones lol

Rockabella
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I wish they would share in our happiness but in the end I may have to just ignore them a while until they get over it and just accept that me dh and the kids are the only happy ones. I need to just get it over with but I go to text my mom and lose my nerve lol

Quoting Megalicious27:

U should be able to enjoy kt. Just tell them and get it over with. It sucks they feel that way but theres nothing they can do know. Your blessing is on the way, which congrats by the way! I feel like even if u wait one or even two more months or tomorrow they will still be unhaopy so get the negative over with and enjoy the rest friend with your positive support system. Good luck!

his88angel
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Yeah that's how i am usually,but lately i can't take it anymore. My mil is upset that my aunt is buying us a crib she wants us to use the dropside crib that all her grandbaby used. She ignores us when we tell her its not safe so we just ignore her.

Quoting Rockabella:

Lol I need to embrace my hormones but I'm so bad at being cofrontational with people. I never know what to say until after the conversation ends then I think of something lol.

Quoting his88angel:

rjmac88
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I completely understand. I didn't tell anyone until after I was 20 weeks. I didn't want anyone to know. bd big surprise I've gotten nothing but negativity since
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)