Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

finally got to go home (long and pic heavy)

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 16 Replies

ok here is the long story. I was admitted to the hospital sunday july 21st for high blood presure, I was started on blood presure meds monday and by tuesday they were looking better, I then developed a headache and blurred vision so they transfered me from observation to L&D to start an induction. they gave me cervadil tues night and by midnight I was contracting every 2-3 mins and they were very painful, they checked me wed morning and no dialation the contractions had also stopped so they gave me cytotec. (which they did not tell me was dangerous before they gave it to me) I was on the cytotec wed, thurs and fri morning with no change. they finally decided I needed to have a C-Section. boy was I scared. it took them a few tries to get my epidural in but once they did things moved right along. in recovery my bp started going crazy, it would be normal then 5 mins later would be very high and 5 mins after that would be normal again.  well I get back to my room and they tell me how Baby Bella is doing, she was 4 weeks early and had some trouble breathing at first. they had her in an oxygen tent but she was very feisty, was trying to turn over and take the tent off, by 7pm she was off oxygen and eatting bottle feeds. they keep watching my bp through the night and it continues to be all over the place, the next morning they gave me pain meds and had me get up and move around. can you say ouch? yea super painful. anyway I do what they ask and walk throughout the day to help with soreness and to keep blood flowing. over the next 2 days my bp stays all over and my feet and legs start to swell really bad. they put me back on bp meds and procardia for when my bp spikes. the procardia caused me to have migraines so they had to stop giving it to me. my mom who is a nurse and the same hospital I delivered at told the dr she wanted me home and that they were just stressing me out by keeping me in the hospital and not doing anything to treat me. so they finally let me leave. I am still on bp meds twice a day and my legs and feet are still very swollen but my bp's have been much better since I have been home. the swelling and the surgical pain are they worst I have going on. thank god for my mom who helps me every day to get around and take care of my lil one. she is a blessing. Arabella Rose Mashburn has done so well that she came home with me and is doing great. 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Congratulations! She is beautiful! And I hope you recover soon! Sounds like being home is the best thing for you. :)

krystyneh
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Awwww congrats she is adorable :) I hope your BP starts to go back to normal and your swelling goes down soon and that you have a fast recovery
Pandapanda
by Cafe Panda on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:32 PM

So glad that you both got to come home! 

Babes2626
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Congrats!!

Larsbug
by Laura on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:32 PM

congrats!!

sugarcrisp
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Sorry for the drama but glad it ended on a good note. Congrats!

momtotwo08
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Congrats! She's beautiful!!
kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Sorry for the rough time.

Congrats on your beautiful baby & take it easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SHOE_DIVA
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Precious!!
MalloryR
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:38 PM
She is very cute. :) Congratulations and I hope you feel better soon!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)