Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy worries! Fearing a dreaded miscarriage.

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am pregnant with Baby #3! I have two sweet DD's one is almost 3, the other is almost 1! Baby #3 was the surprise of surprises!!! But once I found out...I felt instant guilt. 

I feel like all I hear about is friends and great moms having miscarriages...and here I am with another one coming. I don't feel like I deserve to have 3 good pregnancies. Full term, I guess you would say. What makes me so special?

Granted I'm only about 6-7 weeks. I haven't even had my first ultrasound yet. And I had this anxiety with my 2 DD's but never this bad. I don't know. I try not to think about it, and I pray about it A LOT. But all it takes is one little mention of the dreaded MC and I get all worried again. Then I get worried that maybe it's mommy intuition that keeps me thinking about it, and that really worries me. Ugh...i'm just worried. 

did anyone else ever feel this way?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SHOE_DIVA
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Yes all the time at the beginning. I've had 3 miscarriages so I know the fear well. I'm 11 weeks now and baby is growing fast. Nobody deserves to lose a baby but I've always looked at it like God said it wasn't the right time. Don't stress! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I did when I had my first. Since I had a miscarriage right before her. When we found out we were expecting our fourth. I did have that worry for some reason and sadly it did end in miscarriage. Then we got pregnant a few months later and it happened again. I know when we do decide to get pregnant again. I am going to worry about it. With two miscarriages within 5 months of each other.

I know it is easier said then done. But try not to worry about it. You can't change if it would or does not happen. It is a sad part of life no one wants to go through and some are lucky to not have to.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I always worried too.  At my first prenatal appointment, I bawled out my eyes to my midwife on why was I so blessed to have been 13 weeks with baby no 5 who is growing perfectly.  I had never experienced a miscarraige either, and I totally thought it was going to happen this last time.  But, here I am, 35 weeks pregnant with this baby no. 5...still growing very well.  It is just so hard for me to see so many people struggle with fertility or miscarry..it does break my heart. 

Try not to stress mama.  (hugs)

Megara
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

A friend of mine had her 5th miscarriage in May.  When I found out at the end of June, that's all I could think about.  Now it is even worse because I stopped having any symptoms two days ago and I feel like I am going to start bleeding any day now.  I have my first midwife appt in two weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured