• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible to develop a peanut allergy while pregnant??ETA

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

I'm 15 weeks pregnant and I ate peanut m&m's last night and when i woke up this morning is when my stomach was hurting, well its been hurting all day and it was starting to ease up and then i had a few peanut m&m's now its hurting again. I can't exactly explain what my stomach feels like, kinda like just sensitive or like uneasy, I dont really know how to explain it. I realize it isnt the normal peanut allergy reaction, but IDK what else it could be. Its no where near the baby its my upper stomach area like above my belly button.

ETA: Thanks ladies, I called my Dr. this morning and they told me I could just be dehydrated to drink 2 big glasses of water, soak in the tub and take tylonel if I need to. I really hate to take medicine while pregnant, but i guess if I have to, then I have to. :( I hope this works because I don't wanna end up back in the Er. This would be my 4th time to the ER in less than a month. I'm just getting over a kidney infection that had me admitted into the hospital twice. I wish this pregnancy would start to take it easier on me. 

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommynewc
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm sure it's possible but I would think it's more likely some other chemical/dye in the food or your getting sick. I hope tou feel better :)
LVait42
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldn't eat PB during my 2nd and 3rd trimester- it was so weird. I would get the worst stomach cramps and horrible gas. I could eat it again right after he was born tho o
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I thought I was maybe getting sick too.. hopefully not though.. Thanks, I hope I feel better soon too! 

Quoting mommynewc:

I'm sure it's possible but I would think it's more likely some other chemical/dye in the food or your getting sick. I hope tou feel better :)

SuthernBelleo0o
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:11 PM

that sucks! I guess thats what it kinda feels like, kinda like I need to go to the bathroom, but I dont. kinda crampy, but not really too crampy. Idk. I wish it would stop! 

Quoting LVait42:

I couldn't eat PB during my 2nd and 3rd trimester- it was so weird. I would get the worst stomach cramps and horrible gas. I could eat it again right after he was born tho o

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes!  It is very possible!  I developed allergies to cats and dogs one pregnancy.  My air ways would start to close up around them...needless to say, it went away after that pregnancy.

SimplyEnchanted
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I 100% agree it could be the dyes in the M&Ms! I developed a sensitivity to dyes during my fourth pregnancy and to this day cannot eat them without a severe migraine with aura and vomiting. Apparently, food dyes are a known source of migraines and other reactions

Quoting mommynewc:

Mama to five beautiful girls- Piper(12), Paris(10), Prue(8), Priya(5)&Kahlan(2) and two angel babies that were too precious for earth, Angel('09) and Evenstar('12)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

LoveOfWisdom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Sounds more like an upset stomach from the chocolate, the peanut, or both, not so much an allergy :/  You can develop allergies at any point in your life though.

kmqw229
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I think so.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I became lactose intolerant. That was almost 3 years & it hasn't gone away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuthernBelleo0o
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Thanks Ladies. bunp for update

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)