Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BC After Baby?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:09 PM
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: What will you be using?

Options:

Natural Family Planning/Rhythm Method

Condoms

The Pill

Intra-Uterine Device

Sterilization

None for us, thanks!

Other (because there's always an other!)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

DH and I keep going back and forth on what to do about BC after DS2 is born. He's due in ten weeks, and we aren't any closer to deciding, but we are certain we don't want another child for at least four years, if ever. DS1 will be two years old when the new baby arrives, and my hands will be full enough with two little ones.

So what are you ladies most likely going to use? I'm especially interested in the IUD and male sterilization. Doing an internet search on the subjects has yielded some terrifying results, and so I'd like to hear from actual people who have used them.

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I'll be going back on the pill. This is our first, and we'll be wanting one more down the road. It'll be so weird being on BC again... we started TTC in December 2010, so it's been a long time!

CafeMom Tickers
Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Diaphragm it what we have liked since our first was born.

MamaDurff
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Oh wow, that is a long time! Congratulations on your pregnancy! I don't think I'll be able to remember to take the pill at the same time every day... I have issues remembering whether or not I took my prenatals every day.

Quoting JessiFaye:

I'll be going back on the pill. This is our first, and we'll be wanting one more down the road. It'll be so weird being on BC again... we started TTC in December 2010, so it's been a long time!

MamaDurff
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Is that something that you have to be fitted for? Can it be easily "felt"?

Quoting Raeann11:

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Yes and no I can't tell. Yes the first couple of times I could because I did not have it in right. Which she told me it takes a few times to get it right. But once you reason you really don't have to do much but push in it and slide in. You can't feel it at all. If you can you know it is not right and need to fix it. But I have not had issues since the first couple of times I used it.

Quoting MamaDurff:

Is that something that you have to be fitted for? Can it be easily "felt"?

Quoting Raeann11:

Mommylovesdada
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I will ebf which is BC for six months, then nfp until we wean. I'll go on the pill after that.
mem82
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:37 PM

We use the pull out method. it's worked for us for almost 10 years. The catch is that you have to be open to the idea that it could fail if hubby doesn't pull out in time. 8)

MamaDurff
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Ahh, so it's like a tampon (in that, if you feel it, you're doing it wrong, lol)! I will ask my doctor about that at my next appointment. Thank you for answering my questions.

Quoting Raeann11:

Yes and no I can't tell. Yes the first couple of times I could because I did not have it in right. Which she told me it takes a few times to get it right. But once you reason you really don't have to do much but push in it and slide in. You can't feel it at all. If you can you know it is not right and need to fix it. But I have not had issues since the first couple of times I used it.

smorgan865
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM
NFP + condoms

I wanted an IUD, but after reading more about them I decided against anything hormonal.
MamaDurff
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 8:41 PM

That's what we did as well. My son stopped breastfeeding completely at 15 months, and at the end of the month, Aunt Flo didn't pay me a visit, lol. I didn't account for the change, as it was very sudden.

Quoting Mommylovesdada:

I will ebf which is BC for six months, then nfp until we wean. I'll go on the pill after that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)