Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contractions/BH

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ladies I have been havinq contractions almost the last hr or so. They been 1-10mins apart. They startinq to qet alil stronq. I almost cried my last one. Am 37wks today, and the baby movements has slow down. Am due Auq 21st. If its Braxton Hicks ima try drinkinq water and chanqinq sides. If this doesn't work then what.? I have so much pain in my pelvis like when I qet up or move its so much pain dwn there :( am also 1 to 1 1/2cm dilated. I see my doc 2mar

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ann.91356
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:29 PM

You could trying walking .  BH can be rough.  Make sure you are timing them.  If things get worse in the next hour or so  call your Dr or midwife.

mem82
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Try taking a relaxing shower. The BH can hurt so you might try sitting on an exercises ball or get on your hands and knees. Good luck!

babygirl3796
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:37 PM
im 38 weeks pregnnant i am due aug 10th but i am getting induced aug 8th and i get really bad BH contractions. have u tried breathing through them.?
kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM

My nurse said..get in a warm bath
it will help with the pain and it'll take the pressure off
If its BH by the time you get out they'll be better or have stopped..if its REAL labor...when you get out it'll hit you like a ton of bricks (this happened to me)

good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)