Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

What can I expect from my first ultrasound? *EDIT*

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM
  • 30 Replies
I found out last night I was pregnant again. I've had two miscarriages in the last year. Including this time last year when I found out I was pregnant for the first time. So today when I called my OB they scheduled me an appointment for August 17th and then sometime in September and shortly before I got off the phone with the nurse she said that the doctor wanted to see me tomorrow and that he was going to do a bedside ultrasound. What can I expect to see at almost 6 weeks pregnant? I am 5w5d tomorrow.

EDIT-

So went to my ultrasound. I am a week behind what I thought I was. So I am 4W5D pregnant. I just saw a sac. They did a transvaginal and he ordered me to do HCG blood every couple days until my next appt. Two weeks until my next appt. I am over the moon happy that everything looks okay so far. <3
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM

You could see a sack or you could see nothing, honestly.

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I had a transvaginal US done at 5w5ds and we could see a little time speck that was baby. It's amazing how much different one at say 8 weeks can be. 8)

virgochild79
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I'm surprised your doc would even do one that early. They usually don't do them until 8 weeks. I doubt you'll see anything. You may however see a little teeny tiny sack, maybe.

kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:37 PM
This is my third pregnancy, but first child. So I think that's why he wants to do the U/S. Maybe to make sure everything looks good?

Quoting virgochild79:

I'm surprised your doc would even do one that early. They usually don't do them until 8 weeks. I doubt you'll see anything. You may however see a little teeny tiny sack, maybe.

MalloryR
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I had an ultrasound at 5 1/2 weeks due to spotting. We saw a fat little dot that was my son and his heartbeat. :)
kbornman21
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I know it's early still and that mostly ill see a sac at most, but I would be thrilled if I saw a heart beat.

Quoting MalloryR:

I had an ultrasound at 5 1/2 weeks due to spotting. We saw a fat little dot that was my son and his heartbeat. :)

rjmac88
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:43 PM
We couldn't see anything at 8 weeks... So idk
MalloryR
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:44 PM
They told me that it could be too early, but we saw it just fine. I hope you do, too, but don't panic if you don't yet. Good luck! :)

Quoting kbornman21:

I know it's early still and that mostly ill see a sac at most, but I would be thrilled if I saw a heart beat.

Quoting MalloryR:

kelly617
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Not a whole lot
You might see a black spot (the sac) and possibly a little white blob? and thats if you're as far as you think you are

Every time I've been pregnant when I go in for the U/S they tell me I'm not as far along as I thought

becs0808
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:58 PM

it just depends, its so early you really could see nothing. I went in this early with my twins and we saw two sacs one heart beat. had to wait a week later to check on them again and surprise there was a third sac (which turned out to not be viable) and two strong heart beats. So be prepared to possibly see nothing but don't be discouraged by it if you do, it might mean nothing just that they will have to check on you again in another week or so

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)