Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Who will make better grandparents? Your parents or his?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1stimemom385
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM
hands down my parents for one it's my first and we are a close family even with them being out off state. He already have four and his parent don't see the ones he have in this world now
mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:04 PM

That's awesome that you are so close to your family. 8) I'm sorry his aren't as good.

Quoting 1stimemom385:

hands down my parents for one it's my first and we are a close family even with them being out off state. He already have four and his parent don't see the ones he have in this world now

kman88
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Definitely mine. My parents have been so much help to us throughout my pregnancy and purchasing baby items for their house as well so that we don't have to haul stuff over when she visits. DFs mom says how she wants o spend so much time with the baby and babysit but I don't trust her with my child so that want happen...we are only ever around his dad at holidays and I doubt that will change after we have our daughter. 

1stimemom385
by New Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:08 PM
they are always at war with each other I have never saw a family with favorite family members and the ones they don't like they don't talk to or see. sometimes I think what did i get myself into lol.

Quoting mem82:

mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Good luck! Sometimes babies can change families for the good.

Quoting kman88:

Definitely mine. My parents have been so much help to us throughout my pregnancy and purchasing baby items for their house as well so that we don't have to haul stuff over when she visits. DFs mom says how she wants o spend so much time with the baby and babysit but I don't trust her with my child so that want happen...we are only ever around his dad at holidays and I doubt that will change after we have our daughter. 

rjmac88
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM
His! My parents have been grandparents for over 7 years and they suck at it worse than they sucked at being parents
mem82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:11 PM

LOL I've felt that way about my in laws before, too!

Quoting 1stimemom385:

they are always at war with each other I have never saw a family with favorite family members and the ones they don't like they don't talk to or see. sometimes I think what did i get myself into lol.

Quoting mem82:

JessiFaye
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM

It's not a fair question in our situation, because my mom is the only one here. His parents are four hours away. I think all involved will be fantastic grandparents, though. It's the first grandchild for everyone, so they're all excited. :)

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I will go with mine because me and the kids have never met DH's parents or siblings.
AustinRonMommy
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I have to say his. This is my parents 5th grandchild...they aren't really excited about it. But this is his parents first grandchild and good lord!!! They are so excited. His mom came to my first US at 8wks and she's coming to my next one when I will be 21wks too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)