Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice on Mom and Mother-in-law

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
  • 4 Replies

My hubby and I have been together for 6 years now and half of that time I did not get along with my Mother-in-law. She was just rude and disrespectful until one day i told her, I was here to stay and there was nothing she could do about it. I found out I was pregnant in May and I told my mom and mother-in-law and some close friends. I had complications so so far I have had 2 ultrasounds both my mother and my hubby have attended. My hubby asked me the other day if his mom could come to one of my ultrasounds. I said I dont see why not and asked her if she wanted to come. Her eyes lit up and she said she'd love to but she didn't want to cause me extra stress. So I told my mom this news and she said that it wasn't fair for her not to be able to go to the "gender" ultrasound but for my MIL to be able to. My hubby said that he would sit out if that would resolve the situation but in  my opinion thats not right for him. The mother and the Father should be experiencing this together. This is our first and possibly only child. It was a miricale I got pregnant and I dont know what to do. Any advice?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Larsbug
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:07 PM

why can't both moms and DH be there?

SylviaNCali
by Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

The fair thing to do would be to keep your promise to your MIL. You see how important this is to your Husband and your mom has been to appts in the past. Maybe you can call her before the announcement and let her hear the news. Or maybe your H who offered to sit out can sit out. If I were you I would be fair and let the person I said can come come. I know your mom wants to know the sex but like I said before you can call her on speaker and she can hear. Plus you can get pics of the ultra sound so she can see for herself later. 

CelestialSong
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Could both of your moms go? If not, what if instead of finding out the sex at the ultrasound, have the tech write it down and put it in an envelope. Then you and your husband can find out privately together and decide how to let everyone else know fairly, like maybe a reveal at your baby shower or something :)

BabyMomma2017
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:11 PM

They only allow 2 "guests" in the room due to space.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)