Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Need advice

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:46 PM
  • 4 Replies
So I'm at work, pulling a 12 hour shift as a resident care attendant and I'm cramping.... Really bad. No bleeding but I am in a lot of pain. I'm working alone, doing 18 residents all on my own because somebody decided to call in sick last minute. What should I do? I just want to go home and rest, but nobody at works knows I'm preg yet since I'm only 10 weeks.

I'm at a loss but stressed and freaking out
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lovinmy3girlies
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Tell someone! Your babe is more important than a job. Not saying you don't know that.. Tell them you just found out today or so even.
Bailer795
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Thanks momma. The shift is over now thankfully.. I just stopped over doing It and only did what I absolutely had to. Left a whole ton of work for the next shift, and feel terrible for it but oh well. Baby is more important for sure!!

Quoting lovinmy3girlies:

Tell someone! Your babe is more important than a job. Not saying you don't know that.. Tell them you just found out today or so even.

lovinmy3girlies
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad you replied and are feeling better! I know how it is that you kinda HAVE to overdue it sometimes. I would still consider telling them soon so you don't get stuck in that position ( all alone) again.

Quoting Bailer795:

Thanks momma. The shift is over now thankfully.. I just stopped over doing It and only did what I absolutely had to. Left a whole ton of work for the next shift, and feel terrible for it but oh well. Baby is more important for sure!!

Quoting lovinmy3girlies:

Clemency3
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 4:25 AM

While cramping is normal...in your situation it has got to suck! Try to take some tylenol and drink some water. As soon as you can get at least a 15 minute break in then do so and put your feet up. But I would let your job know because now you become a liability and god forbid something should happen and they are not aware of your condition with this kind of a job. But yea every chance you get I would sit down and rest. I would also talk to your doctor/midwife about this and get on the ball because if something else is going on you need to be aware of that too. good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)